What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Willett sells their single barrel stuff in their gift shop only, although there is a robust secondary market for it, as you might imagine. But you have to be pretty sure that you want it, as it's not cheap.

That specific bottle is from barrel C8D, bottle number 30 of 105. For stuff aged 20+ years, rye tends to fall off, so they use wheat instead of rye, which I usually prefer. Other wheated bourbons include Pappy, the various Wellers, Larceny on the budget side. For my palate the less rye the better...tastes vegetal/minty, which is not for me.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah, I did not know about their bourbon being wheaters. Is this only their high aged bourbons? Or all of them in that single barrel style bottle?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
^^^Nah, definitely not all of them. I think most, if not all, of the 20+ year aged barrels are wheated. Some of the younger ones are too, it's kinda hard to know other than word of mouth, or maybe if your palate is that good. Information is surprisingly scarce, it seems.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This and the HH Bib 6yo. I got it!!!!

Noooooo! Don't buy this one. It's not very good, expensive ($24). I am trying to make it ok in cocktails. I sincerely do not recommend this one. Very old Barton, Old Fitzgerald, Heaven Hills 6 year old, Heaven Hills yes. Would also recommend McKenna from Heaven Hills but it's $30. Serious about the Old Bardstown. Poor effort from Willet's.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If you ever need a empty 1oz vial to fill for a brother that's never had..... Well

PM me your addy.

I should warn you that this is the 2015 version, not the 2016. I tasted that one and liked it much better. Maybe I'll decant this one...

I mean, we're talking 99/100 as opposed to 97/100, but still...gonna chase down a bottle of the 2016 now.