What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I use all the bourbons that don't quite cut it as a sippers in cocktails but I have been known to put some good ones in cocktails as well. I usually buy Bottled-in-bonds for cocktail use. If other bourbons I buy don't pass my sipper test then into cocktails they go. I have never tasted a bad bourbon in a cocktail that is well made.
It makes a mean Manhattan too. . The faint red wine notes goes great with the orange peel in the old fashioned though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Basil Haydens old fashioned. Really good. I like sipping basil but I'd take this as my new go to mixer. I need to look for some great mixing bourbon that's not too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm using the Basil and its not high proof but I think it's a good bourbon. So it's better than some. I'm enjoying it as I'm three deep right now.......Haha

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm using the Basil and its not high proof but I think it's a good bourbon. So it's better than some. I'm enjoying it as I'm three deep right now.......Haha

Definitely solid. For my tastes, I prefer it for a sipper vs mixer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Newb question here, but what is it and where do you/ can you get it?

Willett sells their single barrel stuff in their gift shop only, although there is a robust secondary market for it, as you might imagine. But you have to be pretty sure that you want it, as it's not cheap.

That specific bottle is from barrel C8D, bottle number 30 of 105. For stuff aged 20+ years, rye tends to fall off, so they use wheat instead of rye, which I usually prefer. Other wheated bourbons include Pappy, the various Wellers, Larceny on the budget side. For my palate the less rye the better...tastes vegetal/minty, which is not for me.