What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm actually trading it today, Matt, getting a bottle and cash that I could not resist. If it was Hazmat I would have kept it. and may still try and get one....but at less than that, all my JD picks between 130-135 proof will suffice.
I can vouch that it was definitely hazmat level juice with tons of flavor and complexity. Sorry to see it go. It was even more of a shock to my palate then EHT Barrel Proof. Sorry if I’m complicating things...probably should’ve just said it sucked lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I can vouch that it was definitely hazmat level juice with tons of flavor and complexity. Sorry to see it go. It was even more of a shock to my palate then EHT Barrel Proof. Sorry if I’m complicating things...probably should’ve just said it sucked lol
No, I love the JD Barrel Strength stuff based on all the store picks I've had Matt. In this case, I just wanted the cash (and other bottle) more.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Ever have a pour of one whiskey, and when you follow it with something else, you pick up stronger notes of things you didn't taste before in that second pour?

Truth be told, I was 4 small pours in. Stagg Jr 15, MM FAE-01, Knob Creek 2001 LE (Thanls Brad!), and finally Pinhook 2021 High Proof.

The corn flavor of the Pinhook was off the charts. It’s like I was eating corn off the cob with a kick. I’ve had at least 10 pours out of this bottle and never tasted anything close. Synergy for the win.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tom mentioning picking up different flavors reminded me. The other night I got SUPER intense toasted coconut flavor on the finish of my Peerless. Was bizarre but delicious. I've only had two previous pours of it, and both of those gave me more of a stone-fruit kinda thing. In any event...Peerless is damn good stuff.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had two pours last night, Booker’s Oven Buster and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B521. Frankly I was a bit underwhelmed by both. Think I might need to take a week and reset my palate. Maybe not? Who knows?

Ok, I wrote that 15 minutes ago. The EC has opened up nicely, voluntary prohibition averted.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some good pours today with some great friends.

Blanton’s gold @ 103 with lunch after working on our property today.

Followed by two bottles of amazing wine with dinner (same friends that came and helped with the property).

With a night cap of pappy 15 year to end the night. It was an amazing Sunday for sure.