What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Anyone ever have Knob Creek Small Batch 12 Year? I wanted to celebrate life after my near death experience from pneumonia. I have heard many great things about it, namely from my prime source which gave it a 4/5. He’s usually very stringent on his ratings but this appears to have blown him away.

Anyway haven’t had a sip of alcohol or a cigar in over a month, so I want my first sip to be special. I got my cigar already picked out, a Cuban Partagas that Tom @icehog3 gifted me.

I haven’t seen it for less then $79.99 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't tried the KC 12 year SmB, Matt, but I see it about 33% of the time at my ,local grocery for $59. I gravitate to the single barrel since they proof at 120 rather than 100. But almost everything aged I have had from KC has been good if not stellar. Can't really go wrong.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Anyone ever have Knob Creek Small Batch 12 Year? I wanted to celebrate life after my near death experience from pneumonia. I have heard many great things about it, namely from my prime source which gave it a 4/5. He’s usually very stringent on his ratings but this appears to have blown him away.

Anyway haven’t had a sip of alcohol or a cigar in over a month, so I want my first sip to be special. I got my cigar already picked out, a Cuban Partagas that Tom @icehog3 gifted me.

I haven’t seen it for less then $79.99 though.

I have not had the 12 year but I am going to crack open this 15 year small batch soon. Hard to find, it was $80. Congrats to your continued survival! 168527

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't tried the KC 12 year SmB, Matt, but I see it about 33% of the time at my ,local grocery for $59. I gravitate to the single barrel since they proof at 120 rather than 100. But almost everything aged I have had from KC has been good if not stellar. Can't really go wrong.
That’s good to know. Hey even at $79.99 I’d willingly pay it considering the money I’ve saved this past month on cigars, whiskey, and gas/tolls going to my cigar club (100 miles round trip). I’m gonna the pull trigger on it next week.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That’s good to know. Hey even at $79.99 I’d willingly pay it considering the money I’ve saved this past month on cigars, whiskey, and gas/tolls going to my cigar club (100 miles round trip). I’m gonna the pull trigger on it next week.

My apologies...I found my receipt and it looks like I paid $130. What was I thinking...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I went to a retirement function last night with an "open bar". Yeah, whiskey was Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. I opted to try Beam (I've never had the 86 proof regular version). Super peanut forward, super light. Managed to drum up a little Old Tub, so at least I had some 100 proof for the rest of the party.

Came home and had something much tastier...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
First cigar and whiskey back after my month away from it. Figured cheating death was worth celebrating. Never had either; cigar or rye. Thanks Tom @icehog3 for the Partagas, took me over 3 hours to get through and I throughly enjoyed it.

(y) I'm glad the Presidente was good to you Matt!

Killed off a 2015 Booker's last night. You know I have a backup plan. ;):giggle: