What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Too funny, Carlos @Texican, I almost bought one of those yesterday as Binny's in this area just got a few new barrel picks. Might still grab one, like I need more bourbon.

GF and I went to a microbrewery last night and I tried a semi-local bourbon, Whiskey Acres. They are out of Dekalb IL where I went to college. The brewery has their own barrel pick, a cask strength version. Glad I tried it here and didn't buy a bottle out of curiosity as I have thought about many times. Not great.

When I got home, then I had some great pours. ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After working most of the day at the job site, I cracked ECBP B522 and paired it with a undercrown shade after I got the boss’ new ride washed. While not C919 level, definitely one of the better initial pours I’ve had in a while.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
After working most of the day at the job site, I cracked ECBP B522 and paired it with a undercrown shade after I got the boss’ new ride washed. While not C919 level, definitely one of the better initial pours I’ve had in a while.

Good to hear, Brian, I haven't tried either on the '22s yet. Guess I'll be on the lookout for the B. (y)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Made a drive to sell a bottle of Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel to a guy, we met in a strip mall a short drive from the house. There is a liquor store in the mall, I haven't gone there for a couple years because usually anything good they have is ridiculously overpriced. Had a moment to kill so popped in for a laugh. Not laughing now, they had the newest Booker's (22-02 Lumberjack) for about $15 over retail. Booker's has become nuts to find around here this year, so I jumped on it.

The Pinhook is a single bottle pick at just under 120 proof from Chicago's biggest chain, Binny's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a drive to sell a bottle of Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel to a guy, we met in a strip mall a short drive from the house. There is a liquor store in the mall, I haven't gone there for a couple years because usually anything good they have is ridiculously overpriced. Had a moment to kill so popped in for a laugh. Not laughing now, they had the newest Booker's (22-02 Lumberjack) for about $15 over retail. Booker's has become nuts to find around here this year, so I jumped on it.

The Pinhook is a single bottle pick at just under 120 proof from Chicago's biggest chain, Binny's.
Tom -

While driving down from Rockford on Monday we stopped at a few Binny’s along the way. Are all of the pinhook high proof bottles typically good? I passed on them as I wasn’t sure.

Thanks,

Brian

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tom -

While driving down from Rockford on Monday we stopped at a few Binny’s along the way. Are all of the pinhook high proof bottles typically good? I passed on them as I wasn’t sure.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian, I have had good luck with Binny's Pinhook picks in the past, last years was excellent. I'll probably crack the 2022 this week.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, the Booker's has really landed in my area. I was able to secure a couple more Ronnie's and another Lumberyard, I'm set unless one turns out to be a Crackerjack batch.

That is three times the number of Booker's batches ive seen here in the past year. :cry: Can't wait until this nonsense allocation madness eases up a bit.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@Texican Carlos, it was crazy that Illinois seemed to get the 2nd batch before the 1st. Lots of the country hasn't seen either 2022 batch yet. Not sure if it is more limited due to supply (bottle) issues, larger Angel's Share, or just all the f'ing flippers that have decided to make a living flipping bourbon. I was used to not seeing highly allocated stuff like BTAC, Pappy etc....but Booker's was always relatively easy around here. Not any more. :mad:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looking for bourbon in Las Vegas is equally as frustrating as looking in Texas, but for different reasons. Went to two stores...one had Blantons and one had Booker's...for $140 and $160 respectively. :mad: