What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I cracked the 19 year Old Fitz with our friends to celebrate the sale of their business as they transition into retirement/consulting. 40 years in the jewelry business has been good to them and they’re the most amazing people in the world.

The bourbon was smooth and very Smokey with oak notes and a burnt caramel tone. As it got more air and opened up, it became very relaxed with baking spice and cinnamon type tones. I can’t wait to see what it does in 4-6 weeks once it’s has some air.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Went to a bar with my GF and one of her friends, had a couple standard pours.... then I noticed a bottle hiding in the back, old Baker's 107 small batch (so much better than the single barrel they switched to a few years back). Did a number on that bottle and may go to a store I've seen a few sitting at for years.

Late night I had some EW 12 Year, that bottle will probably die a full death today.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Weird how these things work. When I tasted it at Buffalo Trace last year, I was unimpressed. I liked Buffalo Trace and EHT a LOT more. But I bought this bottle a few months back and have been completely blown away. I guess you can't always get an accurate impression from a tiny little pour in a tiny plastic sampling cup.