What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Won the opportunity to buy a bottle of Blanton's for $70. Is it worth it?
It sells for around $110 on secondary here, retail is around $65. Very light at 93 proof, but many like the flavors. Not my jam, but whenever I see one at retail(ish), I buy it for trade bait. Hey, John Wick drinks it! :LOL:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It sells for around $110 on secondary here, retail is around $65. Very light at 93 proof, but many like the flavors. Not my jam, but whenever I see one at retail(ish), I buy it for trade bait. Hey, John Wick drinks it! :LOL:

Thanks, kind of the way I was thinking. More trade value then anything else.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks, kind of the way I was thinking. More trade value then anything else.
I wandered into the store last year on a release day and bought a bottle of Blanton's for $60 out of curiosity. Haven't tried it yet and am only really curious because I've never tried one of their #2 mash bill bottles before, only BT/ER/EHT which are all #1.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Last pour from this delectable bottle brought back from Kentucky. I tend to think that Eagle Rare is better from a value perspective (assuming you don't go higher than $40/bottle), but it's a damn fine bourbon nonetheless. And I'll always remember buying it from the BT gift shop and then going on that amazing tour.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
How’s the Hardens Creek Tom? Also how was the Books 23-02 batch? I heard it’s not too good but I’ll take your word over some random review.
Chayse, the Hardin's Creek Clermont is excellent, the Beam mash bill really shines at 17 years here. Too pricey to be an every day drinker but an excellent pour for special occasions or "just because". It's interesting to compare it with the 2 year old Hardin's Creek Colonel, although at $79 MSRP that bottle is overpriced for what it is.

The 23-02 Booker's (The Apprentice) is my least favorite since 21-01 (Donohoe). A bit peppery and lacking some of those sweet notes that many batches have on the palate. I will just get one more for the "collection" if I can find it at retail... definitely don't need backups for this one.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Dive bar we happened upon yesterday had some hard to find and some old bottles. I had a pour of the original Remus Repeal Reserve (the only one at 94 proof, the next 5 releases have all been 100 proof). Then I tried Weller CYPB.... it was good, but not even close to being worth secondary prices for a bottle. Glad I got to try them both. One of my buddies got Stagg Jr. Batch 13, and another had a Jack Daniel's 12 Year.