What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Haha I have been searching for ANY Pappy and I get laughed at any time I ask for one
Keep searching at local shops. I happened to stop by a shop by my fiancé's house while we were going to pick up dinner. I walked in and looked around quick and then asked if they had any Pappy. They have (or can get) it but I refuse to pay their absurd prices starting at $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep searching at local shops. I happened to stop by a shop by my fiancé's house while we were going to pick up dinner. I walked in and looked around quick and then asked if they had any Pappy. They have (or can get) it but I refuse to pay their absurd prices starting at $400.

Holy god... I found a 12 yr in a grocery store once, $57 I kick myself all the time for not buying every bottle

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Guys don't stress too much over chasing the Van Winkle line. It is no where near what it was when it became the "holy grail". It's just the wheated BT mashbill with barrels hand selected and place in preferred location in the rack house. I have several of the Van Winkles with the oldest being from 2004. Right now for my taste the ORVW 10 is the best of the bunch...cheapest too. And just for the record only the 15, 20 and 23 year olds are Pappys. The rest are just Van Winkles. Some folks call it all Pappy. Guess that makes sense because you are just as unlikely to stumble across a bottle of ORVW 10 as you are a Pappy 23 UNLESS you have a strong and loyal relationship with your local liquor store.