What's new

Today's Bourbon

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
image.jpeg
Have you had the stag full? It's so good! First sip burns like a racecar.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Lol. Your funny. I have 9 full bottles from different years that I am hoarding.View attachment 94737 Of course I have, my favorite bourbon of all time.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
How do you find them? I guess I just don't know the right people.... great collection for sure.
I've purchased them over the years, usually 2 or 3 bottles and hang onto th extras. As for getting them, I have two shops I frequent which I have a great relationship with. I get at least one bottle from each.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've purchased them over the years, usually 2 or 3 bottles and hang onto th extras. As for getting them, I have two shops I frequent which I have a great relationship with. I get at least one bottle from each.
That's awesome to have those available to you I have been to almost every liquor store I can find locally and can't say that I have ever even seen one.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
How do you find them? I guess I just don't know the right people.... great collection for sure.
If you're willing to pay secondary values, these are very easy to come by. 2016 release goes for ~$500 or so, maybe a little less.

As for finding it at retail price ($99), you pretty much have to have a relationship with your local store, or a distributor, or something like that. Rarely do they make it to shelves, and if so, it's at 1.5x secondary or more.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
View attachment 94738
Lol. Your funny. I have 9 full bottles from different years that I am hoarding.View attachment 94737 Of course I have, my favorite bourbon of all time.
2007 was supposed to be the best...got one of those in there? I have a unopened 2010 and a near-empty 2016. One of my favorites too, although I think the WLW edges it out for me among the BTAC stuff.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Managed to find a bottle of Elijah Craig Single Barrel 18 on Friday. Probably more expen$ive here in Hawaii than elsewhere but knew if I didn't get it then, who knows when I'd have another chance? Cracked it open after lunch today and had a sample pour. Can't wait for dinner and a full shot.

IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share a little secret with you Bourbon lovers. If you ever come to Kentucky, look for Heaven Hill Deluxe. It has a white label. It is 100 proof, bottled in bond, and has been aged 6 years. It sells for less than $10 a bottle.
It isn't sold outside the state and it isn't too easy to find as us locals buy it up pretty quickly. I live in Louisville and have access to all the premium and super premium Kentucky Straight Bourbons and I've tried just about all of them, including 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle. When I launched the search for an everyday Bourbon that wouldn't break the bank or piss off the "Chief Financial Officer" I found Heaven Hill Deluxe.

If ya'll come this way, give it a try.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll share a little secret with you Bourbon lovers. If you ever come to Kentucky, look for Heaven Hill Deluxe. It has a white label. It is 100 proof, bottled in bond, and has been aged 6 years. It sells for less than $10 a bottle.
It isn't sold outside the state and it isn't too easy to find as us locals buy it up pretty quickly. I live in Louisville and have access to all the premium and super premium Kentucky Straight Bourbons and I've tried just about all of them, including 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle. When I launched the search for an everyday Bourbon that wouldn't break the bank or piss off the "Chief Financial Officer" I found Heaven Hill Deluxe.

If ya'll come this way, give it a try.
I buy it by the case whenever I get up there.