What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blind No Longer Bourbon Review #7
Bottle H: Barrell Cask Strength
Proof: 128.3 Proof
New Tasting Notes:
You've probably noticed by now how the background of my pictures changes every time, obviously not an accident. I thought it would be fun to showcase another hobby of mine (or my dog lol). This time it's my favorite author and mentor Anthony Robbins.
The bouquet doesn't play around on this one. It has a sharp barrel (not barrell) proof nose to it. I still get that sugary sweetness of crystallized maple syrup, w/ a hint of walnut on the palate. Strong viscous mouth coater. Long tingly peppery spice on finish. Finally, somehow I got a Latakia pipe tobacco on the palate and nose after letting it sit in the glencairn for 10 minutes.

RATING: 4/5.
I did enjoy this very different style of bourbon, but not as an everyday sipper.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blind No Longer Bourbon Review #8
Bottle F: GEORGE T STAGG
Proof: 143 Proof
New Tasting Notes:
Alas we are here, at the King of the Ring. I chose to save the best bourbon for last and coincidentally the star of the background is my Rescue dog, Chance (who was in the background of my first "Blind No Longer" review). It was Labor day and he has a rare and sad form or PTSD (from his former abused life of 5 years), so fireworks terrify him. Both our neighbors compete to see who can make the loudest finales and we have the joy of being sandwiched in between them lol. Luckily we were advised by the rescue organization to soak a bandanna in Lavender oil (which helps calm him). I think it makes him look a bit like the canine version of John Wayne.

Right the review; strangely I can still approach this high proofer right near the rim of my glencairn, without any bit of bite. I love that!! Elijah Craig Barrel Proof could learn a thing or two from this. Dark maple fudge in color. Even w/ a hydrated palate (wasn't gonna forget this time) it's still a mouth coating fire-breather, but transitions almost artistically front to back / hot to smooth. It really builds from smooth to hot, then to smooth all over again. This is why I love George T Stagg (kinda have a bit of a man crush on him). It's no surprise why this is such a highly awarded & regarded as one of the finest bourbons on the market. The "Kentucky Chew" brings out even more tongue zinging spices and an even longer peppery finish, which now finishes back to front. Definitely a slow sipper (took me 20 minutes) but it really makes you appreciate & savor every last second of this great great great hobby of ours.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

And, time to plant another tree!

@angelsenvy
#30daysofbourbon
#bourbonheritagemonth
#bourbonheritagemonth2017

This September, for every Angel's Envy drink photo you post with the hashtag #AE4THETREES, @angelsenvy will plant a white oak tree. https://www.angelsenvy.com/toast-the-trees/

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

This bottle of @woodfordbourbon was an amazing congratulations gift from @AbeFroman upon the birth of our little bundles of joy three years ago.
Thanks again, Dave!

#8 of 30
#30daysofbourbon
#bourbonheritagemonth
#bourbonheritagemonth2017
One of my favorites. Buddy of mine is from the area in Kentucky where it's made. He's a bourbon guru and put me onto it as a high quality affordable bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
It's called the Neat Glass. Read about it here: https://www.theneatglass.com
I think it comes in three levels of quality (think price) and I believe Amazon may sell them. My neighbor gave me the set of 2. They seem to work as advertised in that when you nose the whiskey, you don't get the alcohol burn, only the aromas.
@bwhite220

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It's called the Neat Glass. Read about it here: https://www.theneatglass.com
I think it comes in three levels of quality (think price) and I believe Amazon may sell them. My neighbor gave me the set of 2. They seem to work as advertised in that when you nose the whiskey, you don't get the alcohol burn, only the aromas.
Yes, they're on Amazon and prime eligible. Interesting take on glass though too. Very nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spirits-Glass-Set-Neat/dp/B00Q5HWVBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505188455&sr=8-1&keywords=neat+glass

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...