What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Def didn’t wow me. Need a second go with it to make a final opinion. Was pretty warm neat and almost felt like a few drops of water calmed it down almost too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you say it's sharp like say Knob Creek Small Batch? I've never had a bourbon that was this sharp right off the gate. I was actually considering buying Henry McKenna 10 year for my next bottle buy, up until your post.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is definitely sharp neat.

hmmm well considering I usually only drink my bourbon neat and I'm experiencing a pretty uncomfortable amount of sharpness in my knob creek (which also happen to be my cigar lounge toting bourbon), I may have to reconsider. I like to have something pretty darn satisfying follow up something not so much. I'm thinking about buying Wild Turkey 101 Small Batch next. As stated before, when it comes to "cigar lounge bourbon" I have a rule never to spend more than $34.99 LOL. It sounds funny I know but this way I get to experience the lower spectrum of the bourbon world and get to share it with the guys at my lounge too.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
hmmm well considering I usually only drink my bourbon neat and I'm experiencing a pretty uncomfortable amount of sharpness in my knob creek (which also happen to be my cigar lounge toting bourbon), I may have to reconsider. I like to have something pretty darn satisfying follow up something not so much. I'm thinking about buying Wild Turkey 101 Small Batch next. As stated before, when it comes to "cigar lounge bourbon" I have a rule never to spend more than $34.99 LOL. It sounds funny I know but this way I get to experience the lower spectrum of the bourbon world and get to share it with the guys at my lounge too.
Wild turkey 101 maybe the best value bourbon on the market, period. Pour it and let it breathe 20 mins.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wild turkey 101 maybe the best value bourbon on the market, period. Pour it and let it breathe 20 mins.

LOL I don't know if I can wait 20 minutes. Maybe when i first get to my lounge I'll pour it and then go pick out my stick to save some time. Although I'd be nervous leaving it unattended, as we have some real jokers in the lounge that know I am serious about my bourbon. I can just see it now, coming back to an empty glass HAHA

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Second go with this was better. Still not great for me. Stayed neat with it this time. Not quite as sharp but still a very bright bourbon and fairly spicy despite only 13% rye. Really like the nose, apple cider and caramel. Long bright sweet finish.

Awesome! I think I'm gonna go with Wild Turkey 101 for my next cigar lounge bourbon, then when the Christmas holidays hit I'm gonna get one of those Woodford Reserve packages with the free branded rocks glasses. I haven't had a sip of Woodford Reserve Bourbon since i finished off my very first bottle and my first bourbon for that matter, back in the summer 2015.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

8 years...... looking for this prick. And one of the old school FoGs of BOTL comes thru to help a friend out.... (with a 2010 Sir Winnie)
True friendship boys,
That’s something to be thankful of.......
Justin

Where is the AWSOME button when I really need it. That is absolutely beautiful!