What's new

Today's Bourbon

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Wow, nobody else having any bourbon?
View attachment 103583
Haha, well, heading to a kids birthday party in a bit if this car battery will take a charge... :/
I've been sticking to the old reliable budget friendly benchmark this week, but that doesn't seem picture or post worthy. Great stuff for what it is though. Worst thing is that's its so cheap I'm almost embarrassed to buy it....

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What was the batch?

Letter is release
First number is month
Then double digit year.

I just finished release 10 from the old bottle style.

I have B517 on deck.

I wonder how it tastes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
What was the batch?

Letter is release
First number is month
Then double digit year.

I just finished release 10 from the old bottle style.

I have B517 on deck.

I wonder how it tastes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
B517. I really like it. Strong oak and vanilla, with like a baking spice I can’t really name at the moment. Not much of a burn for the proof (I had it neat).

I haven’t had any of the other ECBPs to compare it too, but I thought it was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...another one bites the dust
View attachment 103835
Have you ever tried the Knob Creek 120 proof single barrel? I tried both in a blind taste test at JR Cigars and I found that the 120 proof single was very elegant (especially for a mainstream bourbon) with a long diverse finish. I found the Small Batch 100 proof to be on the sharp side with not much lingering character to it. What was your experience with it?

On a side note I recently found some interesting info on why it's called Knob Creek. Apparently it was named after the creek that ran behind Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home. It was also one of four original small batch bourbons to be introduced by Jim Beam back in 1992.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Have you ever tried the Knob Creek 120 proof single barrel? I tried both in a blind taste test at JR Cigars and I found that the 120 proof single was very elegant (especially for a mainstream bourbon) with a long diverse finish. I found the Small Batch 100 proof to be on the sharp side with not much lingering character to it. What was your experience with it?

On a side note I recently found some interesting info on why it's called Knob Creek. Apparently it was named after the creek that ran behind Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home. It was also one of four original small batch bourbons to be introduced by Jim Beam back in 1992.
I've never had the 120 Single Barrel. I agree that the small batch does seem a little harsh.