What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I need some advice from you guys. I recently had a bout of extreme luck & I’m not sure how I should proceed. I received a special invitation to a BTAC raffle at my local spirits store, it’s actually one of the biggest bourbon selections in New Jersey. Total private event with around 200 people. They were raffling off about 14 bottles of the BTAC and you could only win one bottle. Each person had 10 raffle tickets to play with. My goal was to win either the Pappy 23 (which I would’ve no doubt sold for the $3000 price they seem to start at), William LaRue Wellar, or the George T Stagg (which I was on the fence about selling Or one day uncorking it). The GTS goes for on average $1000 on secondary markets. Wouldn’t you know but I was one of two of the lucky winners of George T Stagg!!!! Now I need to really ponder what I want to do with it. Every ounce of me is saying to keep it...keep it...keep it. I paid just under $100 for it Witt tax included.

I also was lucky enough to be one of 5 people to score a bottle of Stagg JR, when it was allocated several months ago. I got a call from the manager that I was one of the lucky 5 he chose to sell it to. I must say that expectations were high and I’m a little disappointed. Maybe it needs to develop more in the bottle through uncorking, but it isn’t as refined as say my Bookers. It’s definitely not a mouth coater but I will wait and see. I’m not sure I’ll be buying another bottle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So I need some advice from you guys. I recently had a bout of extreme luck & I’m not sure how I should proceed. I received a special invitation to a BTAC raffle at my local spirits store, it’s actually one of the biggest bourbon selections in New Jersey. Total private event with around 200 people. They were raffling off about 14 bottles of the BTAC and you could only win one bottle. Each person had 10 raffle tickets to play with. My goal was to win either the Pappy 23 (which I would’ve no doubt sold for the $3000 price they seem to start at), William LaRue Wellar, or the George T Stagg (which I was on the fence about selling Or one day uncorking it). The GTS goes for on average $1000 on secondary markets. Wouldn’t you know but I was one of two of the lucky winners of George T Stagg!!!! Now I need to really ponder what I want to do with it. Every ounce of me is saying to keep it...keep it...keep it. I paid just under $100 for it Witt tax included.

I also was lucky enough to be one of 5 people to score a bottle of Stagg JR, when it was allocated several months ago. I got a call from the manager that I was one of the lucky 5 he chose to sell it to. I must say that expectations were high and I’m a little disappointed. Maybe it needs to develop more in the bottle through uncorking, but it isn’t as refined as say my Bookers. It’s definitely not a mouth coater but I will wait and see. I’m not sure I’ll be buying another bottle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just keep for now. Heck toss it in the back of the cabinet and go from there! That’s awesome though. I haven’t seen anything like this here in NY

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just keep for now. Heck toss it in the back of the cabinet and go from there! That’s awesome though. I haven’t seen anything like this here in NY

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
Thanks. I keep looking at the bottle in wonder. I never thought I'd ever own one of these before, especially at retail prices. It's pretty cool to own a bourbon that is respected and treasured by many of the top professionals in this hobby. I feel honored to own this bottle.