What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it was definitely bt, smooth and delicious, I was just ignoring the cup, and enjoying the juice to be honest.
HAHA I hear ya! I was just finding the humor in that several pages back I made this comment:

"There are no wrong or right choices, just ones that are more or less popular. Even if you prefer drinking bourbon out of a red solo cup; who am I to say you should do it my way".

Glad you still were able to enjoy it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Honestly I could live with out this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a sample of their standard release and I must agree with you, I could have lived without it. As many of you know, 99% of the time I practice in blind bottle buys, but was relieved I didn't pay for a bottle. I just don't get the taste of this stuff. I'm sure others will say the same of Hudson Baby Bourbon (another complaint I frequently hear).

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
HAHA I hear ya! I was just finding the humor in that several pages back I made this comment:

"There are no wrong or right choices, just ones that are more or less popular. Even if you prefer drinking bourbon out of a red solo cup; who am I to say you should do it my way".

Glad you still were able to enjoy it!
Oh yeah, who care what its drank out of? It's still Buffalo baby!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yeah, who care what its drank out of? It's still Buffalo baby!
LOL well some might argue that the glass can bring out certain characteristics in the bourbon, especially that of the higher barrel proofed juice. I certainly won't be first in line to drink Bookers from a red solo cup. Quite a number of pages back there was a debate on whether or not to drink barrel proof bourbon from Glencairn's as opposed to Rock's glasses, or glassware with a wider mouth. Over tipping glassware comes into play, which can be pretty surprising when you unexpectedly over-saturate your palate and the 130+ proof whiskey goes down the wrong tube (OUCH!!! had this happen before lol). I tried utilizing the Rock's glass for barrel proof bourbon but still am not successfully able to enjoy it or get the same nuances and complexity that I get from my trusted Glencairn

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying one of my new glasses with something new to me.
Nice! How do you like the Neat Nosing Glass? I first read about it through "Stogies on the Rocks" which I saw you had a poster of on your wall from another picture. I finally got to try it out but found that my suspicions were right on the money as I had to tip it back pretty far. How are you taking to it?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nice! How do you like the Neat Nosing Glass? I first read about it through "Stogies on the Rocks" which I saw you had a poster of on your wall from another picture. I finally got to try it out but found that my suspicions were right on the money as I had to tip it back pretty far. How are you taking to it?
I'm not sure if it was the tasty bourbon or the glass, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like I got much nose off of it though, my other glass is better at nosing.

I didn't have an issue with too far tipping, until the very last drop. I say if you know someone who has one try it out before you buy, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Three fine bourbons on this cold Sunday afternoon in Eastern Tennessee...Blanton's, Old Rip Van Winkle 107 and Little Book. Little Book stole the show. Do whatever you need to do to get a bottle of this. It is decidedly different, complex, strong and delicious. Best whiskey I have tasted in a while. This was the first pour from this bottle of Batch #1. Jim Beam just entered the really Big Boy market with this gem.