What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying this out
How are you liking the 2009 Evan Williams SB?

Also nice bottle of Barrell you have there, what are your thoughts on that? I found it to be a little to sweet and dessert like (think rich maple syrup covering chicken and waffles). It's something I can enjoy from time to time though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I follow that guy, he's a little longwinded, but know his stuff. I also follow It's Bourbon Night, Whiskey Blooded, Bourbon Brothers, The Bourbonite, & Whiskey On The 6
I've watched several of their reviews, sadly they're more of Scotch fans than they are Bourbon, and I don't know how someone can be as much more of a pompous ass as that guy (Rex Williams aka The Mooch). The bald guy is pretty cool though, but that other guy keeps me away from their channel. The boubonite is a new channel and I'm really liking his laid back style.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've watched several of their reviews, sadly they're more of Scotch fans than they are Bourbon, and I don't know how someone can be as much more of a pompous ass as that guy (The Mooch). The bald guy is pretty cool though, but that other guy keeps me away from their channel. The boubonite is a new channel and I'm really liking his laid back style.
I know what you mean about The Mooch, yeah does get on my nerves. I haven't watched enough to realize they are scotch snobs, but the main guy (baldy) is very knowledgeable.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I think I would be more akin to the second glass (The Talory'd) but even that might involve some form of tipping. I love the spill proof abilities the Glencairn offers (tipping it on it's side will prevent most from escaping) so that 2nd glass looks like it retains that added benefit. Also the wider mouth will assist you in some of the more bolder bourbons. There's something about the Glencairn that just gets me, might have to do with it holding my first love; Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select, and that it's been with me on every glass of bourbon since (besides going to bars which I always ask for a snifter). I hear what you're saying about the Norlan and one of these days I will just jump and pay the price (at least you get 2).

Also I tend to disagree with choosing a glass that enables me to have a conversation while drinking. I completely agree when it comes to a nice beer glass but with bourbon (and this is just me talking here) I like to get up close and intimate with my whiskey, romantic if you must. I don't want any distractions when I'm priming my palate, and witnessing all of the complexities and nuances my taste buds can recognize after every sip. The Glencairn is an over-achiever at this, and so is a Snifter for that matter (as most bars here in NJ don't carry the Glencairn).

As for the YouTube channel "It's Bourbon Night" I gave it a try awhile ago but just wasn't digging the chemistry from Sara. I also was once a subscriber to "Whiskey Blooded" but found his reviews to be a little to wordy before the review actually started. Something about "The Bourbon Brothers" just syncs up with me. We have similar dislikes and likes and they have both helped me make important decisions on what to buy next. Since I usually only do blind bottle buys (without first tasting it) that kind of thing is very important. After 35 bottles bought blindly, I've only been disappointed once, and that was with Elijah Craig 12, which took a turn for the worse when it transition in the bottle from smooth to harsh (between each uncorking). There's just a type of rush I get when I buy a bottle blindly and I pour my first glass.
EC 12 with cork spoil. That's heart breaking. Try it again of you get the chance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
EC 12 with cork spoil. That's heart breaking. Try it again of you get the chance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I will admit that ever since they did the bottle redesign I've been eyeing it up every time i'm in the store, so that day might come soon (they did a fantastic job with the new bottle/label). I just hope they fixed their cork stopper issue that seemed to happen to many; which was when the plastic part separated from the actual cork (from lack of glue i guess). After that happened I had to use vice grips every time I wanted a glass, which isn't as elegant as it sounds lol