What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Better slow down on that ORVW! How you like the BT store pick. I thought it was damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This BT pick is from Petite Cellars and is really good. I’m trying to hold off on sipping anymore ORVW for a while lol. This is the problem whenever I open s new bottle lol. I always feel like I have some much, so I can have a pour.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@jcolan1
How do the OWA and ORVW10 compare? Same mashbill, same proof. A few more years on the VW, and probably better rickhouse location, but a lot of opportunity for similarity...
@gurgalunas @marshall9779 I haven’t done a side by side but have drank both the same night. I feel like there are definitely some similarities, but the ORVW seems more creamy, somewhat smoother, heavier mouthfeel, longer finish. The ORVW has a nice woody note I can’t remember OWA having. I enjoy OWA, but ORVW definitely is on another level in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@gurgalunas @marshall9779 I haven’t done a side by side but have drank both the same night. I feel like there are definitely some similarities, but the ORVW seems more creamy, somewhat smoother, heavier mouthfeel, longer finish. The ORVW has a nice woody note I can’t remember OWA having. I enjoy OWA, but ORVW definitely is on another level in my opinion.

You describe exactly what I would expect. Woody note, better finish, better mouthfeel. I've got both, just havent opened the ORVW. Same with VW12 and W12. Plan to do SxS with both pairs at some point... I'd throw in the WLW at 12.5 yrs too, but I know how that comparison would end up. Dont want to make the W12 and VW12 look bad.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And now some BT store pick after battling the kids over sleep. If only they knew how much they are going to miss getting all the sleep they get now, they would never argue with me.

I gotta give Buffalo Trace another go, maybe a store pick this time. Just wasn't a fan of the nuances, but I am open to another go at it. Also I can see you're a fan of Impractical Jokers. I got almost my whole family into that show; it's the perfect medicine after a long serious work day.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I gotta give Buffalo Trace another go, maybe a store pick this time. Just wasn't a fan of the nuances, but I am open to another go at it. Also I can see you're a fan of Impractical Jokers. I got almost my whole family into that show; it's the perfect medicine after a long serious work day.
Go and see them live if you can. They’re even more hilarious. And show some clips that weren’t allowed on TV.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Go and see them live if you can. They’re even more hilarious. And show some clips that weren’t allowed on TV.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
@BourbonBinder @CVSC085 I love the show lol. Catching up on past seasons now. Gotta say Joe is my favorite as he’ll say almost anything lol. They were actually just in Baltimore like 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t know about the tour in time to make plans.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@BourbonBinder @CVSC085 I love the show lol. Catching up on past seasons now. Gotta say Joe is my favorite as he’ll say almost anything lol. They were actually just in Baltimore like 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t know about the tour in time to make plans.

HAHA awesome. My favorite is Murr. He's a fierce competitor and behind Joe, he wins the most challenges. My friend, who's a NYC Firefighter, knows them personally. Haven't met them yet but I will check out the live show @CVAC085

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
View attachment 130069Trying to finish off this Oceans Wheat. It's not bad, but not a favorite, especially for the price... First, and last Jeffersons I'll buy. Too much good bourbon out there at a fraction of the $...
There was an article in a copy of Popular Mechanics about how they discovered a flavor difference in kegs of this stuff that was shipped over the ocean, and why it tasted different than the regular line - same bourbon. It was an interesting read. If you want to read it, https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/food-drink/a21272152/jeffersons-whiskey-experiment/

Never tried it myself, and the "science" of how it is different did not convince me to pull the $$ out of my pocket when I encounter at the liquor store. So, thanks for the review and I will just look at the bottle next time and keep moving.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Has anyone seen this on the shelves? I’ve been trying find it around here but it’s apparently not available here and was wondering where it is available. Thanks.
175C3C6A-3D60-4576-8AB8-D7B8CB25FF1D.jpeg

Jody

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Taking the chemist notes out, that's essentially the story put out by Jeffersons, and I dont think it's totally bullshit. Sloshing around causes more interaction between whiskey and wood, which is essentially what happens in "aging". All of the distillery tours admit that 60-70% of the flavor is due to the barrel, so increasing interaction would age it faster. It is a gimmick, though. It's not that special. In a tasting I attended put on by Jeffersons, they even had us sample chocolates with the Ocean to emphasize the unique flavor, which brought out the "briney flavor of the sea". Looking closely at the wrapper, it was chocolate with sea salt added...

Jeffersons bottles good bourbon for their higher-end brands. For the top shelf stuff, I have no problem with the quality. But price for that quality is skewed. The $75 Jeffersons is similar in quality to $50 bourbons from other distilleries. And, imo, lesser than some of the great value bourbons like HMcK10, ER10, 4R SiB, etc. Why overspend? Try it if you need to check a box on the bourbon list, but once was enough for me.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Has anyone seen this on the shelves? I’ve been trying find it around here but it’s apparently not available here and was wondering where it is available. Thanks.
View attachment 130166

Jody
Hadn’t heard of it but looked it up and now I’m really curious. How could you not being a colab between Metallica and Whistlepig. And the whole things about blasting music in the final steps really added a new twist. Unfortunately not carried near me.