What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have just finished researching what ECBP batch to buy. Batches "B518" and "C918" are both up for grabs at one store, so I wanted to attempt at putting my best foot forward. The winner (pending if it's already sold) is Batch B518 (133.4 Proof). It wasn't the proof that sold me, but this review, which put it ahead of the batch that helped put ECBP on the map, and also the winner of Whisky Advocate :Whiskey of the Year", which was B517.

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/bourbon-reviews/elijah-craig-barrel-proof-b518-review/#.XMCC0-hKjIU

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Not sure, but I wouldn't spend that on AE. But that's me. Too much great bourbon to drink at $60 and below... I wont say to pass- your call- but I find diminishing returns on expensive stuff. How much better than Eagle Rare can it possibly be?

I passed on the new Old Fitz 13 yr on Tuesday at $130. Prices have gotten out of hand across the board. All the companies are in "money grab" mode, trying to release a bottle they can gouge. Everyone wonders when the bubble will burst. I think it's this practice that will be the industry's undoing. At least I hope so. I look forward to a return of the bourbon glut, when they have too much in the rickhouses again.

There are a few I'll break the $100 barrier on, but it's a short list. Pappy, GT Stagg, WL Weller. That's it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Visited a liquor store I don't frequent often anymore since I was in the area. They had last years Angel's Envy Cask Strength for $199. Is that a good price?
That's about $100 less then my friend paid, but still about $100 more then I would spend, since I know personally that it isn't as good as that Goeorge T Stagg that I paid $100 for. @gurgalunas is right, plenty of great bourbon to be had for under $100. Have you tried EH Taylor Single Barrel? That's on my list; had the small batch and thought it was just ok, but I keep hearing that the Single Barrel is incredible.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you @gurgalunas and @BourbonBinder . I'm so new to the bourbon, and I had seen glowing reviews of the AE CS, an had not seen it for below $299, so I thought I'd ask. I'm glad I did.
Anytime man! That’s what we’re all here for. Just wish I’d asked about a few bottles I’ve bought in the past, but that’s what the past is there for, to learn from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
As anyone ever heard of or had this before? I've never been a fan of Tequila but the fact that it's aged in George T. Stagg barrels got me a little interested
http://www.tequila.net/tequila-reviews/anejos/corazon-de-agave-tequila-anejo-george-t-stagg.html
See I find this odd. Gts is still a blend. So do we at least get to know which barrels they came from. Might as well say buffalo trace barrels? Or will it make that much of a differance. For that price though it might as well be a bottle of stagg. Maybe for a good mezcal ide pay that much. Buy some and let us know!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See I find this odd. Gts is still a blend. So do we at least get to know which barrels they came from. Might as well say buffalo trace barrels? Or will it make that much of a differance. For that price though it might as well be a bottle of stagg. Maybe for a good mezcal ide pay that much. Buy some and let us know!
I’ll have to be on the lookout at bars and cigar lounges for this one, no way I’m buying a bottle blindly, that’s reserved for only Bourbon & Rye. Here’s a better link with a closeup of the label. It specifies the Barrel #, so hopefully that paints a better picture.

https://drinkhacker.com/2013/06/27/review-expresiones-de-corazon-barrel-aged-tequila-sazerac-18-george-stagg-van-winkle/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think this qualifies as a prophecy. Glad I was able to make this happen, almost didn’t. Instead of waiting till today I rushed to the store on Wednesday, only to find both batches outside of the secured glass cabinet and on the shelf. What I soon found out was the the batch that I wanted (B518) was on the last bottle, and on the open shelf, waiting to be snatched. Lucky me:

Both Scotches are finished, so I introduce to you my next two bottles: