What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wife and I went to a History of Bourbon tasting last night. They had Elijah Craig ( 1st to use charred barrels?), Old Crow ( James Crow 1st to use sour mash and pioneered sanitation techniques in distilleries), James E Pepper 1776 understood the importance of advertising and brands, Colonel E H Taylor Small Batch ( BIB laws), Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed (Jimmy Russel's influence on the modern bourbon industry.

Also tasted and purchased a bottle of Russel Reserve Single Barrel store select. Met a bunch of members of one the local clubs and was recruited to attend a club tasting in November

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Tonight I cracked a fresh bottle of Stagg Jr. I've never actually had the jr before so I was pleasantly surprised that my local store had a bottle.
20191019_184733.jpg

Woah! It's been a while since I've had real barrel proof bourbon and forgot until halfway though the glass that I should add a tiny bit of water to it. With or without the water this is a big, bold whiskey and is great.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whiskey was flowing at my lounge.
This was a Scotch Infinity Bottle brought in by one of the regulars. Took him about a year to get to the final product featured

Here’s a list…
001. MonkeyShoulder
002. Compass Box The Peat Monster
003. Caol Ila 12
004. Lagavulin
005. Glenlivet
006. MaCallan 12
007. Glenmorangie
008, Laphroag 10
009. Ardbeg 10
010. Highland Park 12
011. Bowmore 12
012. Glenlivet 12
013. White Walker (Johnny Walker)

Some of the players that night. You never know what the regulars are going to bring in, sometimes it’s something truly breathtaking like a 60 year old cognac or 50 year old bourbon.

Ended my weekend on a high note. Will definitely buy another bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isn’t funny. It’s a display refill at a shop i now frequent, since I moved 200 miles away from my previous store.

Monthly they get Weller and a yearly BTAC allocation, and at retail prices (Pappy 23 is $300). However they don’t practice in holding anything for anyone, no matter how much is offered. Everything goes right on the shelf

Speaking of shelves...this is their Bourbon selection

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Neat? How much did you pay for your bottle? I’m hoping to find this on sale, which seems to be next to never. I won’t pay a dollar over $70 for something so readily available.

This was a house warming gift last year from @JKaps84 and his wife so I couldn’t tell you man, it’s hottt though neat lol