What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Last night. So good for the money. View attachment 152027
Dollar for dollar one of the best out there.

Wild Turkey slowly becoming my favorite distillery. I'm relatively uneducated on bourbon/distilleries, etc but they appear far less involved in some of the bull crap that other distilleries are involved in (I'm mostly thinking BT and how they can't just release more of what they have, but rather, keep creating "Limited" type releases that no one will ever get their hands on...)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brothers good to be back with y’all. Been months since I posted last. Life has been crazy and I actually haven’t been drinking anything all that much. In fact I’ve been such a good boy that my tolerance has gone way down. Just last week I started slurring my speech after just two small pours of 80 proof lol.

Luckily once I finally returned to my Cigar Lounge when they reopened after 4 months of being away, my tolerance came back for a warm embrace. I was able to put away 5 snifters of Brown goodness.

My latest batch of the Infinity Bottle. Paired nicely with my first (and certainly not last) Candela.

This was always a bucket list cigar for me, and thanks again Tom for including that in your Bomb to me. It was every bit as delicious as I had hoped. It paired wonderfully with my beloved Old Ezra Barrel Strength

This cigar marks 3 in one day, coincidently is how many I’ve had over the last four months, and it absolutely kicked my ass. Paired with Yellowstone Select

LOOKING FORWARD TO CATCHING UP ON THE THREAD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dollar for dollar one of the best out there.

Wild Turkey slowly becoming my favorite distillery. I'm relatively uneducated on bourbon/distilleries, etc but they appear far less involved in some of the bull crap that other distilleries are involved in (I'm mostly thinking BT and how they can't just release more of what they have, but rather, keep creating "Limited" type releases that no one will ever get their hands on...)
I feel similarly to Buffalo Trace. They’ve become allocated obsessed and i can’t get excited anymore about what is readily available on the shelf as of late. Old Forester is just too damn good with so much to get excited about. I am certainly not missing BT, but I hope they miss me and make the changes they have to make to turn things around.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Made my first Old Fashioned last night. Turned out pretty good, although my technique could use some work, especially flaming the orange and expressing the oils. I chose a Rye I am not a fan of, so at least I can practice without wasting my OF Rye. For sugar I used an unbleached Demerara cube and my bitters were Angostura and Reagans Orange. My muddler kicked some serous ass, very happy with my choice

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Last night I had a pour of Old Baldy 1 that a friend sent me. Interesting story how these were produced...they're big bucks on the secondary market now. Super unique, burnt caramel and tobacco on the nose, marshmallow and stewed fruit on the palate, super long finish. Probably will never have it again, but better to have drank and lost than to never have drank at all. :cool:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got an email from my not so local (110 miles away) bourbon shop. The new allocations arrived and I was one of the lucky ones to walk out the door with one of these. I’m hoping it’s just as good as the sample @icehog3 shared with me