What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I was intrigued by Jack Daniel's Bonded when it came out. I wasn't sure if Whiskey Advocate naming in 2022 Whiskey of the Year was a good or bad thing. ;)

A good 100 proof pour. The palate reminds me more of an Old Forester whiskey than Jack Daniel's, but the finish is all JD. I didn't realize until I opened the bottle that it is 700 ml and not 750.

Whiskey of the Year (for me)? Hardly. But good to have another lower proof option on my bar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cracked a Larceny B522 last night. Not sure if it was the pour or my taster. Wasn’t bad but a really short finish and that’s not normally what I get from Heaven Hill stuff.

Speaking of which, boss picked this up for me while I was out this week. I ended up selling one of my bottles of PVW so I didn’t feel so bad for what it cost. My hookup only got 2 bottle in their allocation so we’ll see if I keep it or sell it later.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked a Larceny B522 last night. Not sure if it was the pour or my taster. Wasn’t bad but a really short finish and that’s not normally what I get from Heaven Hill stuff.

Speaking of which, boss picked this up for me while I was out this week. I ended up selling one of my bottles of PVW so I didn’t feel so bad for what it cost. My hookup only got 2 bottle in their allocation so we’ll see if I keep it or sell it later.

Curious to hear how it is if you open it Brian, I recently tried the 14 Year and thought that was excellent.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cracked the Barrell Vantage last night. Very strong floral notes on the nose and palate. I'm not sure this is my cup of tea, we'll see how it drinks after being open a few weeks. I have liked almost everything I've tried from Barrell but I'm wishing I had tried to find a pour before buying the bottle.

Hey Tom, I’m going into Cleveland and canton tomorrow and looking to some Barrell, what ones have been your favorite? @icehog3

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Seriously can't remember the last time I had Fondue, I think it was in the early 70s?
This was my first time at the fondue rodeo. Was an overall fun experience and while the cheese fondue course was delicious...dipping raw meat into boiling broth to cook it imparts nearly zero flavor to the meat unless you use some kind of dipping sauce.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Allocated here, but still around $30-40. At that price, definitely recommend picking it up. But not at some of the insanely jacked prices I've seen. In my mind, this is a good, solid, everyday $35ish bourbon.