What's new

Todays brew (March 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Kenya AA Icamara Estate today. A little more acicic than some. I'll have to play with a few more roasts to see if this one becomes a regular in the lineup.

Live well, laugh often

Have a great day.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Sounds good S&H! I'm having Carribean Cutthroat this morning but my roaster is on the way, so soon.....who knows what I'll be brewing up here! Looking forward to learning some about this home roasting thing.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Did a little mix of some leftover Kenya AA Icamara Estate with a scoop of Bolivian Organic. The Kenya dominated with it's higher acidity.
Don't bother trying this at home.

Live well, laugh often

Have a great day

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today we're doing the Kenya AA Tegu while entertaining five 5 yr olds who sleptover for my daughters birthday.

WHATTHEHELLWEREWETHINKING???????????

Live well, laugh often

Have a great day

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I hope to be adding my 2 cents to this column soon. My FreshRoast Plus8 is due in on Wed. and I will probably be burning my first batch that evening or soon thereafter. I've got the samples coming with it plus I've ordered some other beans from CBC and SM to follow. Mysore Nuggets is one of them. I've heard so much about them here I've just got to try them.
Man, the list of beans to choose from is staggering! Much like when you first get into cigars!

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your contributions, windowrx!

Some recommendations for you to try from current offerings (personal favorites, all):

CBC: Nicaragua Laguna Verde Maragogype, Bolivian Organic, Rwanda Masaka Bourbon, Ethiopia Harar - Horse.

SM's: Indian Peral Mountain MNEB Nuggets, Yemen Mokha - Bany Matar, Sulawesi Toraja Grade 1.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Mad Dawg said:
Looking forward to your contributions, windowrx!

Some recommendations for you to try from current offerings (personal favorites, all):

CBC: Nicaragua Laguna Verde Maragogype, Bolivian Organic, Rwanda Masaka Bourbon, Ethiopia Harar - Horse.

SM's: Indian Peral Mountain MNEB Nuggets, Yemen Mokha - Bany Matar, Sulawesi Toraja Grade 1.
Cool! Thanks for the recommendations! I've been reading all that I can find online about this stuff and what beans people are liking. Among the other beans that I have coming in I do have the Mysore nuggets, Bolivian Organic, and Yemen Mokha-Bany Matar. I've also got some Columbian (can't remember which), some Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kenya AA.
It looks like I'll be as obsessed with this as I am with cigars!

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be keenly interested to hear how you rate the JBM vs. the others you have coming in. JBM, like Kona, is a very mild, clean coffee that is best roasted on the light side (City to City +) and allowed to rest at least 48 hours before brewing. The other coffees on your list run the gamut from deep-bodied and complex (Bolivian Organic) to off-the-hook intense (Bany Matar) - very different from the JBM. You've got a great starter sampler laid out - enjoy!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Kenya AA Tegu for breakfast. Letting this one rest for 48 hours or more really helps cut the hint of acidity that shows with lesser rest time.

Live well, laugh often

Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.