Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So my smoke today was OUTSTANDING!
Thank you so much @Wicket for this Eastern Standard Live East Die Young.
I'm a total flavor wheel noob but I swear I could taste Crem da la Cream in this bad boy. Thanks you @Wicket I loved this.
The thing I really loved though was turning a "Cigar ashtray from Bali gifted from my mother (god bless her ignorance)" with my young lads fishing shoe to create a usable stogie ashtray.
ESDY 2.jpg
So come on @Senor Perfecto as discussed you can tell me what vitola this is... I'm still trying to fathom the fact the spanish have a word for length and width together....

As I said RG is an estimated 46-48.... I think

ES LEDY.jpg
Loved it... nub'd it... buying a box of it...
ESDY 3.jpg
A great Friday evening smoke..

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Burning a little uneven but tasty.

View attachment 64394
I have had two of the Ridrigo cigars and to be honest I have not been impressed at all with the construction. Flavor is ok, but construction has impacted the burn too much for me to smoke. I have a few more to smoke, so I won't write them off yet, but so far - not so good.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have had two of the Ridrigo cigars and to be honest I have not been impressed at all with the construction. Flavor is ok, but construction has impacted the burn too much for me to smoke. I have a few more to smoke, so I won't write them off yet, but so far - not so good.
This was the 2nd out of my 5er and the first flat out wouldn't burn. I've had home rolls that smoked better right after I'm done wrapping them and the wrappers still wet. Apparently these are coming from a factory that produces another brand I've had the same problems with. Seems like the wrapper/binder combo is too thick to keep a steady burn. Great profile but definite combustion issues so far IME.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
This was the 2nd out of my 5er and the first flat out wouldn't burn. I've had home rolls that smoked better right after I'm done wrapping them and the wrappers still wet. Apparently these are coming from a factory that produces another brand I've had the same problems with. Seems like the wrapper/binder combo is too thick to keep a steady burn. Great profile but definite combustion issues so far IME.

Seems to be a reoccuring problem...let me know what the other brand is, I think I know, but would be interested to see if I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.