What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Bull City Cigar Company - House Blend

Shade grown Ecuadorian wrapper with Dominican and Nicaraguan filler. A medium body smoke with the first third dominated by the sweetness of the wrapper and a light spice that kind of coats the tongue. The second third brought out more of the Nicaraguan spice and Dominican earth with a hint of fruity sweetness from time to time. The sweetness blended with buttery flavor of the wrapper well. It turned a little earthy and evolved slightly as the third burnt. A good smoke for those that like something in the mild medium arena with a bit of a twist. It does taste like an old school blend that will require some aging to fully develop. However, I expected that considering they are made in the same city as the B&M.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Initially lit a Jericho Hill Shots but it had an asbestos binder. Only the very middle would burn. Suspect it's just been too humid in my house. My beads are clear and Bovedas fat. We were on vacation and left the air and dehumidifiers off. The hygrometer outside my humidor said 86% when we got home... (inside said 72, with 65% beads n bovedas) Turned up the dehumidifier in the basement to max.

Anyhow, looking for a cigar that wouldn't overpower a smoky glass of Johnnie Black, but wouldn't be overpowered. Found the match. Not a big ligero fan, dont like burned sinuses. But LFD does it right (age helps a lot too) perfect pair.

IMG_20150810_230709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.