What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Got this corona size Sevillana in my grab bag at the Chattanooga tweet up. It's not a brand that I have tried before but a little research revealed it to be made by Caldwell as part of their junior varsity line. The wrapper is Ecuadorian Connecticut and the website is silent on the binder and filler. In any event I found this to be a mild to medium smoke with lots of flavor though not complex. Cedary, creamy with a touch of citrus on both the draw and the retro. There was also enough pepper spice to keep things interesting. Flavors were pretty much consistent throughout the entire smoke though the cigar did get more creamy toward the last third and remained so to the nub. Construction was good. Both draw and burn were excellent. If you like mild to medium smokes you might one to check this one out. I was pleasantly surprised. This would be a great morning smoke for me. Smoke time was right at 45 minutes.
IMG_0757.jpg IMG_0768.jpg IMG_0776.jpg

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Got this corona size Sevillana in my grab bag at the Chattanooga tweet up. It's not a brand that I have tried before but a little research revealed it to be made by Caldwell as part of their junior varsity line. The wrapper is Ecuadorian Connecticut and the website is silent on the binder and filler. In any event I found this to be a mild to medium smoke with lots of flavor though not complex. Cedary, creamy with a touch of citrus on both the draw and the retro. There was also enough pepper spice to keep things interesting. Flavors were pretty much consistent throughout the entire smoke though the cigar did get more creamy toward the last third and remained so to the nub. Construction was good. Both draw and burn were excellent. If you like mild to medium smokes you might one to check this one out. I was pleasantly surprised. This would be a great morning smoke for me. Smoke time was right at 45 minutes.
View attachment 68699 View attachment 68700 View attachment 68701
Glad you enjoyed it. The Sevillana is my favorite of the JV line. If you really like it I would suggest going out and getting some now. They've discontinued that line, and are reblending and releasing different versions soon. Small batch has a few left I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.