What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Actually yesterdays smoke but I was busy. Got this as a freebie from a rep at my local shop, guess it's newer and he was promoting. Reading about it I saw that it was AJ fernandez which explains the familiar earth and spice I was tasting, but it had a really interesting sweet and malty grape note that was very noticeable. Although I don't really enjoy these drinks, I kept thinking it would go great with a good cognac or spicy red wine (perhaps a grenache or shiraz). Got pretty bitter in the last third, but It was only in my humi a week maybe so I'll def. try another to see if that was an anomaly, and a third with considerable age to see how that goes.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project
Thanks to @OtismyMan I had a decent and tasty cigar to enjoy while mowing the yard after 9 hours of overtime.

I smoked it a little on the fast side. So, I didn't get the full taste. I've had two before and they seem to be best fresh off the truck or with over two months. Smooth and a bit creamy. The star of the show is a dark chocolate and trademark Honduran sweetness. At times there is enough dark earth for it to feel Dominican. A good blend that is worth every bit of the $5 price tag. I've smoked more expensive cigars that I didn't like as much.

Sorry for the lack of a pic. My ISP is being more douchey than usual. It has reached a nearly epic level.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@btubes18 Just got this one delivered yesterday so I think it needs a bit of humidor time. It seemed a little wet to me. Great flavors but a bit muted. Burn and construction were great with tons of smoke. I was also taken aback by how mild and smooth this smoke was. Gonna give the other 3 I have some time in the wineador up in the CC section where the humidity runs about 62% instead of the 67% at the bottom. How long should this be aged to be at their best and do you know what the right humidity should be for this stick? I think it has real potential. The flavors were excellent I just was expecting more flavor intensity. Of course I have read all the hype and my expectations may be too high. Got some T52's coming tomorrow. Will be interesting to compare and contrast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.