What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Smoking one of my latest batch of homerolled cigars. Not tight enough again, but smoking ok.
Someone gave me a recommendation to roll one and smoke one, I think I'll give that a try and see how the progression.

When you roll your bound bunch in paper or paper towel, do you hold one end and keep rolling to tighten the bunch? I found that doing this will put a pretty decent amount of pressure to tighten up and mold the stick. I had better luck using paper towel than paper though.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
When you roll your bound bunch in paper or paper towel, do you hold one end and keep rolling to tighten the bunch? I found that doing this will put a pretty decent amount of pressure to tighten up and mold the stick. I had better luck using paper towel than paper though.
I forgot about trying paper towel. I've been using magazine thinking it might be a little stronger to get a stronger, tighter wrap on it. I glue the binder edge so I don't think it's getting loose. I've been trying to roll using the entubado method, and I find it a little difficult to get a tight enough roll on it. I think I need to squeeze the tobacco in my hand a little more before I put the binder on. And the binder I'm using isn't very strong or thick so I've been babying it. I think I should also try doubling up on the binder - that may give it enough strength to roll it tighter. This is a fun journey!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
JR Cuban Alternative - Cohiba Robusto

Give it three months and it will be a passable yard 'gar. A lot of green taste on the begining with barnyard that turns to forest floor. It reminded me of the commons room at my great grandma's rest home. I remember walking in there as a kid and smelling all these old men smoking drug store cigars.

It might be a good smoke for somebody, but in this age of refined choices I find it pointless.
If you really want some bang for your buck that doesn't taste like old people smoking drug store dog rockets.....go get yourself a cab of Illussione Rothchildes ~r~ or the Tatuaje Tattoo Robusto. Both can be had at around $4 a stick when buying Cabs of 50 and they are both better than a lot of cigars selling for twice the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.