What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This place is WAY tf out of my league bwahaha everyone is in suits and dress pants and then there's this hillbilly white trash looking dude in jeans a white tee and a dirty ol camo hat. Cheers to the bartender though for waving my cutting fee

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Where are you? The Blend?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This place is WAY tf out of my league bwahaha everyone is in suits and dress pants and then there's this hillbilly white trash looking dude in jeans a white tee and a dirty ol camo hat. Cheers to the bartender though for waving my cutting fee

I found a few of my country boy manners and took my hat off while I was there. He very respectfully informed me that later in the evening my attire would not be allowed hah! Bastards.

Ashton in Philly is the same way--dress code gets stricter as the day goes by. I'm all for dressing nice but the last thing I want to do is wear a good suit to smoke. And the last thing I want to own is a bad suit.

What's wrong with people dressing put together (jeans and a dress shirt) with something that can be thrown in the wash when you get home. I never understood that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Ashton in Philly is the same way--dress code gets stricter as the day goes by. I'm all for dressing nice but the last thing I want to do is wear a good suit to smoke. And the last thing I want to own is a bad suit.

What's wrong with people dressing put together (jeans and a dress shirt) with something that can be thrown in the wash when you get home. I never understood that.....

I'll be honest, I don't own any (I call them fancy people clothes-no offense to anyone). I have good jeans, work jeans, and around the house jeans. I have nice hats and work hats but i always qear a hat. I think I have a pair of khakis that my brother gave me in high school. I just despise dressing up. However being able to check these places out was absolutely awesome i just could never be a regular.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I'm with you on this. I don't need to be in a place that requires you to dress a certain way just to smoke a cigar.
JMNSHO

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'll be honest, I don't own any (I call them fancy people clothes-no offense to anyone). I have good jeans, work jeans, and around the house jeans. I have nice hats and work hats but i always qear a hat. I think I have a pair of khakis that my brother gave me in high school. I just despise dressing up. However being able to check these places out was absolutely awesome i just could never be a regular.

I feel ya, bro! If it weren't for weddings and funerals I would have no use for a suit at all. I can't even tie a tie and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I feel ya, bro! If it weren't for weddings and funerals I would have no use for a suit at all. I can't even tie a tie and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
What's a tie? Haha! We're having a wedding ceremony in may, and fortunately she's letting me wear jeans and boots. Unfortunately I have to wear a button up shirt and a vest. And the worst part is, she won't let me wear my hat!

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Because then it would be considered a men's club instead of a gentleman's club hahahaha

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
J Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No.1
5x44 Original
It starts off with what you expect from an all corojo cigar. It is earth, spice, leather, black pepper and tobacco for the first few puffs. Then it surprises with hints of anise, coffee, and black cherry through the first third.
The second third loses the cherry and coffee. The anise slides back and becomes transitory. The earth is some where dead center between dark Nicaraguan and the light clay of Dominican corojo. The wood becomes something between spruce and cedar. The occasional sweetness comes and goes. The spice turns to white pepper.
The last third is all about the corojo flavor again. The earth gets darker, the spice turns towards black pepper, and the wood returns to cedar. A sweetness comes back in and the body jumps from medium-plus to full body. Nicotine rears its head and I realize that this isn't a morning smoke. I had to ash it with about 5/8 of an inch left.
This cigar serves a particular niche and you will either "get it" or you won't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.