What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Privileged to try a @Hopduro homeroll

Killer stick bro. Figured I'd do a little review. I'm by no means an expert but here's my take:

1/3

Draw a bit tight and can feel a bit of a knot about an inch from the band. Worked it out a bit but it wasn't affecting the draw too bad. First third had a great pepper and slight coffee taste the transitioned into a chocolate on the retro. Burn was razor sharp.

2/3

Pepper and coffee muted a slight bit and I started to pick up a breadiness, draw tightened up a bit which gave me a taste like the smell of lighter fluid/charcoal. It wasn't unpleasant by any means, and once the knot loosened up it was gone and I started picking up a nutty flavor. Cashew maybe on the finish.

3/3

Final third the pepper kicked back in. Black pepper with the nuttiness on the finish. It reminded me some of blue diamond black pepper cashews which I love!

Total smoke time was a hour and 10 minutes.

Final thought: would I smoke again? Hell yes! Great transitions that complimented each other well. Burn was razor sharp the whole way through. Killer stick Brendon! I'd gladly smoke this with a smile on my face any day of the week. I don't know if I should've let it rest a bit, band said it was rolled 6/3 but it was awesome either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Privileged to try a @Hopduro homeroll

Killer stick bro. Figured I'd do a little review. I'm by no means an expert but here's my take:

1/3

Draw a bit tight and can feel a bit of a knot about an inch from the band. Worked it out a bit but it wasn't affecting the draw too bad. First third had a great pepper and slight coffee taste the transitioned into a chocolate on the retro. Burn was razor sharp.

2/3

Pepper and coffee muted a slight bit and I started to pick up a breadiness, draw tightened up a bit which gave me a taste like the smell of lighter fluid/charcoal. It wasn't unpleasant by any means, and once the knot loosened up it was gone and I started picking up a nutty flavor. Cashew maybe on the finish.

3/3

Final third the pepper kicked back in. Black pepper with the nuttiness on the finish. It reminded me some of blue diamond black pepper cashews which I love!

Total smoke time was a hour and 10 minutes.

Final thought: would I smoke again? Hell yes! Great transitions that complimented each other well. Burn was razor sharp the whole way through. Killer stick Brendon! I'd gladly smoke this with a smile on my face any day of the week. I don't know if I should've let it rest a bit, band said it was rolled 6/3 but it was awesome either way

Yesssssss! Nice review buddy! I'm glad you got to try the stick young, the flavors will probably meld together with age. Also happy the pepper shines through, that corojo is quite tasty and nice to work with.

Did i give you two? Then you can see how it ages. If not... I'll have to fix that

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yesssssss! Nice review buddy! I'm glad you got to try the stick young, the flavors will probably meld together with age. Also happy the pepper shines through, that corojo is quite tasty and nice to work with.

Did i give you two? Then you can see how it ages. If not... I'll have to fix that

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.