What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It's got a chisel end and when I went to break the end it took part of the wrapper with it. So tried to cut it and make it somewhat better but I think I made it worse. :banghead:

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.
Yeah, those chisels are strange. I've had a few and haven't really been in love with that vitola. I've heard you can punch through the flat parts, or just pop the end open. Neither worked particularly well for me. I did use a v-cutter sideways on the end, and that seemed to work the best. As always, v-cutter for the win!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah, those chisels are strange. I've had a few and haven't really been in love with that vitola. I've heard you can punch through the flat parts, or just pop the end open. Neither worked particularly well for me. I did use a v-cutter sideways on the end, and that seemed to work the best. As always, v-cutter for the win!
Yeah, first time I ever had to do this to a chisel. That's exactly what I did was pop the end open. But I'm making the best of it. Still smoking great!! Hmmm next time I shall use a V-cutter. I didn't think of that.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Villainy - Fish Hooks

This is a super cheap JR Cigars exclusive in the 5x44 size. It is somewhere between an AJ Fernandez and Jesus Fuego blend. It reminds me of a Man O War Puro Authentico with the initial puffs. Then it kind of reminds me of something from the Fuego core lines. It just doesn't have that rustic feel that a Fuego blend has.

Less than an inch in and the main flavors are earth, leather, cedar, sweetness, and some coffee. The burn is a little awkward due to a loose seem and the draw is tight, but getting better. It started with a greener flavor that tasted like some of the leaf wasn't fully fermented but that has disappeared.

Edit:
Second third starts with wood, nuts, cream, earth, coffee, and a hint of caramel. I am already willing to say with a couple of months rest this could hang with the Diesel corona or the Fuego Origen and Origen Maduro Originals. It doesn't have the premium tobacco taste of something like a Don Pepin, but it hangs with AJ and Jesus stuff you can find rattling around for $3-$4 on sale. Just give it a month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.