What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ether - M.E (5.75x46)

About 1/3 of an inch in and I'm not duly impressed. The burn is lopsided to the point of being worrying. Also, the stick is a Dominican puro, but it tastes like they were trying to get a Nicaraguan or Honduran flavor without using tobaccos from those countries.

Edit:
A little over an inch in and the flavor is leather, dark earth, white pepper and hints of cedar. The draw is still a little tight and looking at the foot after the ash fell makes me believe this might be a sandwich.

Second ash fall and this thing is a one note pony. Plus, some of the filler is bunched clockwise and some counter clockwise. How does that happen?

I hit the final third and tossed it. I would not recommend this stick. Which brings up an interesting point. The stick I was most worried about, the Villainy, was actually better than the one I gave the highest probability of liking. The cheapo with no blender information was a passable substitute for the Diesel coronas that are so hard to find. The one from the fabled Boutique Blends was a one note smoke that lacked anything I consider a redeeming quality. Maybe it needs six months of humidor time, but I have a feeling it is more like the Funfetti. A bad attempt to get a good manufacturer to blend to a cheap price point instead of to their skill level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.