What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Goose blind stick #3. Dark wrapper, toro size, very bumpy and veiny wrapper. Initial light reveals an aroma that i can't put my finger on... like musty leaves. First flavors are almost licorice like, hints of hay, not a very dense or chewy mouthfeel. Very dry finish.

Now that i think about it, the aroma is all wood. Some cedar and oak, lots of pine. Almost tastes like rye whiskey.

Construction is excellent

However the flavor profile is one dimensional. Still woody and tannic. I'm thinking Honduran tobacco here, not my preferred style, but not bad. Makes my porch smell like sawdust.

This tastes an awful lot like the nc monte @navyvet sent me during our last review sesh, but that wasn't a toro. Mushrooms. That's the other flavor here. Some malt backbone.

Seems medium-full profile. Not sure what this is. Meaty, dark, and rich smoke just into the second half. Which continues into the final third with more oak and cedar.

This is crazy, it's a la nox! This seems soooooo different from what i remember. Last one i had was chocolatey and malty, this one was woody and meaty. Variations in sticks? Expectations? I'm not sure, but this is one that i will clearly revisit in the future.

I'll update this review as i smoke through this

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.