Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Carlos Torano Signature Collection Torpedo

Great presentation/appearance

Incredible, unique taste with an underlying woodyness (which is one of my favorite tastes)

Perfect draw, burn and construction

All around great Cigar.

Already have a box in my cart for my next nc order

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Those age well I was gifted an old one on another forum. I put an empty melanio box full of those away to pull out in a few years. I stocked up on those on cbid a good while ago. They’re good smokes
I took the cello off all those. From what I’ve gathered I guess that helps speed up the aging process
@Jakethesnake

Nice.
Thanks for the info.

Was told by someone on another forum that these are aged 5 years at the factory, and that Oliva specifically says that further aging will have no effect.

Have found no evidence of this online anywhere, and seemed impossible that they wouldn't change over time.

Glad to have verification that its bs like I suspected and that they age well.

How much age was on the one you had, and what characteristics had changed compared to young ones?

I'm really hoping that the flavors mellow to a nice medium and the hint of bitterness I tasted goes away

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
@Jakethesnake

Nice.
Thanks for the info.

Was told by someone on another forum that these are aged 5 years at the factory, and that Oliva specifically says that further aging will have no effect.

Have found no evidence of this online anywhere, and seemed impossible that they wouldn't change over time.

Glad to have verification that its bs like I suspected and that they age well.

How much age was on the one you had, and what characteristics had changed compared to young ones?

I'm really hoping that the flavors mellow to a nice medium and the hint of bitterness I tasted goes away

I don’t remember exactly how many years. I’d guess 5-6 years. Smoked it last winter.

I remember it being better.Good enough I ordered 40-60 more of them with intentions to smoke later. It was mellowed down some. I looked at it this way. I like them pretty well after just a few months. I grabbed enough that I should still have plenty of them for years to come. They were on free fall with 4 in a pack 4 different vitolas.
A couple of the members over there had also made mention they age well. So I’m following suit

Status
Not open for further replies.