What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lancero February

Ive repeated the Oliva V lance a few times this month so I decided to repeat one of my other favorites before finishing strong with 2 I've been saving for the last 2 days.

If I smoke a lancero on Sat March 1 something is wrong with me. I need diversity, ha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Photo Feb 26, 11 58 53 PM.jpg
Tonight I had a Rocky Patel 2003 Vintage Cameroon Box Pressed Toro

It looked impressive and came highly recommended so I was excited about this one.

Between picking it up at the cigar lounge and leaving it in my humidor for a little over a week I noticed part of the wrapper curled up. It didn't impact the smoke as far as I could tell, but it bugged me.
Photo Feb 27, 12 54 04 AM.jpg

It was easy to light and dry at first but by the time I got to 1/3rd it was starting to show its flavor.
Photo Feb 27, 1 08 55 AM.jpg

Ultimately I didn't care for it. It was a rather boring cigar that never excited me. I tried hard to smoke it slow and ended up smoking it too slow - it took nearly 2 hours to smoke and required two relights (might fault, not the cigars - waited too long between draws).

I wouldn't smoke it again and am very glad I only had one. I'd rank it as the third worst cigar I've ever had. Ruined my night because I really needed a good one tonight. I should have stuck with what I know, but I decided to try something new in the hope that I'd find a new good one - this wasn't it!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
had a nirvana last night, and it was just meh. kinda sad, it even had some liga undertones, i could tell where the binder and filler came from, but the cameroon wrapper just didn't work for me on this. it's worth trying, but i am pretty sure they are not for me.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
had a nirvana last night, and it was just meh. kinda sad, it even had some liga undertones, i could tell where the binder and filler came from, but the cameroon wrapper just didn't work for me on this. it's worth trying, but i am pretty sure they are not for me.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately that kind of confirmed my suspicions. I'm still going to try one if I happen to see them, but I'm definitely not hunting for any.

Status
Not open for further replies.