Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Your thoughts on the Henry Clay?
Not sure what I was expecting but I found it one dimensional and flat. If I had to sum it up I would say that for $9.50 it was worth trying but not worth chasing and I certainly wouldn't consider it box worthy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Padron 2000 Natural:
These have a lighter than I remember wrapper. Usually I can't tell the difference between the maduro and naturals until I light up, but not the case with these. They have a bit more of a creamy taste to them. Solid woody and spicy notes with coffee.

Tried this Latitude Zero Experiment Robusto
Starts off mild-medium, woody notes with a smooth light sweet spice. The final third kicks up to medium and adds some cedar tastes. Overall not bad, burned well although the smoke had an airiness to it, not thick but volume was adequate. Draw and burn were fine. This would fall more into a morning smoke for me but I'm glad I tried it. Very different from the regular Latitude Zero line which I like very much.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No shame in my budget smoking game.

J.R Genuine Counterfeit Pre Embargo Cubans - Corona Major

Okay, at $4.90 for a single it stands up against most any cigar in that price range. It has a very Cuban-like profile. It is nutty, creamy, a little leather, and some floral sweetness in the last third to go with it. For the "cabinet" price of $2.40 each they are a deal. I wouldn't buy fifty, but if they ever decide to sell them in a 20 count bundle for $45 - $50, I'm on it. A really good yard gar, but actually there is more to it than that. I would recommend trying a single and seeing what you think. I smoked mine right out of the store and I'm sure there is more to it with a little rest.

Edit To Add
According to the videos on the JR website these are made by Perdomo. That explains the quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.