What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
A little story for @Mossome

So I can't find any of my 5 guillotine cutters over about a weeks period of time, so when I'm at home relaxing and feel like sitting on the porch with a cigar I found myself in a very undesirable situation which was that I could expend energy looking for my 5 cutters or use the !V CUTTER! which Scot had given me at a Herf a few months back, that had gotten a total of 6 uses in this time. The V Cut was the only logical option and it started. Well that one time compromise turned into a weeks worth of lackadaisical apathy, which then turned into a revelation that the V was the perfect cut for a wide range of Cigars! Not only do you never have to worry about unraveling, but it also doesn't effect the flavor or draw. Now I did notice if you have an inferior roll on a Cigar you will have to straight cut to unplug but that was about the only drawback. Not shabby awesome mossome! And to all that read I hope you got allot out of everything you never wanted to know about the VCUT! :vulcan:View attachment 76127
Seriously? It took you this long?

Yet another convert. Welcome to the congregation. Thanks for helping spread the gospel of the v-cut.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Seriously? It took you this long?

Yet another convert. Welcome to the congregation. Thanks for helping spread the gospel of the v-cut.
No kidding, right? It's all about the V. I hate it when I have to use a straight cut.

On a related note, a couple of years ago I mentioned to a B&M shop attendant that I used a V cut 99.5% of the time. This guy and another customer proceeded to berate me for the next 3-5 mins calling it a gimmick cut, a fad, etc. I'm like, really? To each his own and I walked out. FWIW, that was the shop adjacent to The Alamo in San Antonio.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have had this for about 2.5 years. I think it was past its prime or I just got a dud. I know these are good cigars and I have smoked a lot of these in the past. The short Corona and Lonsdale are my favorite sizes.

This one had the harshness of standing in a burning field of grass with the essence of tire fire on the finish.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
No kidding, right? It's all about the V. I hate it when I have to use a straight cut.

On a related note, a couple of years ago I mentioned to a B&M shop attendant that I used a V cut 99.5% of the time. This guy and another customer proceeded to berate me for the next 3-5 mins calling it a gimmick cut, a fad, etc. I'm like, really? To each his own and I walked out. FWIW, that was the shop adjacent to The Alamo in San Antonio.
Same here. Within the last year, the only times I've used a guillotine were on some torpedoes with a really tight head.
I buy a handful of those $4 v-cutters at a time and if someone asks to borrow mine I let them keep it. I also have passed some out to new guys at our herfs.

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's been a busy week, I'm glad to be home, my son's are coming to visit and watch the Seahawks plow through the Panthers in war should be a good game, either way ,,,, good morning brothers and I hope everyone enjoys there family and some good football
GO HAWKS!!!!!! thanks to the Vikings

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Same here. Within the last year, the only times I've used a guillotine were on some torpedoes with a really tight head.
I buy a handful of those $4 v-cutters at a time and if someone asks to borrow mine I let them keep it. I also have passed some out to new guys at our herfs.
I like the straight cut myself. I want that filler exposed. Occasionally placing the tip of the tongue on the filler gives a slightly salty sensation. I have found this to be particularly true when smoking CC's but true of some NC's as well. Really adds to the overall taste especially when smoking those cigars that have a nutty character.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I like the straight cut myself. I want that filler exposed. Occasionally placing the tip of the tongue on the filler gives a slightly salty sensation. I have found this to be particularly true when smoking CC's but true of some NC's as well. Really adds to the overall taste especially when smoking those cigars that have a nutty character.
I get that, but to me never having to worry about the wrapper unwinding makes all the difference. I can now just enjoy my cigar instead.
But as always, do whatever gives you the most enjoyment. There are no wrong answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.