What's new

Today's Smoke - 2022

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Toro

Certainly not bad in any way, it just really didn't do it for me.

A little surprised just a different wrapper had such a dramatic effect on the taste.

This is really one of the first times I have made direct comparison of different wrappers so close together

Perfect draw,burn and construction

Overall, for Connie lovers, its probably eight up your alley.

With all the other New World's I have really enjoyed, i certainly wouldn't be buying more of these

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Toro

Certainly not bad in any way, it just really didn't do it for me.

A little surprised just a different wrapper had such a dramatic effect on the taste.

This is really one of the first times I have made direct comparison of different wrappers so close together

Perfect draw,burn and construction

Overall, for Connie lovers, its probably eight up your alley.

With all the other New World's I have really enjoyed, i certainly wouldn't be buying more of these

I friggin' LOVE cigars
I don’t know what the actual percentages are, (seen a lot of arguments over this) but the wrapper provides the majority of the flavor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know what the actual percentages are, (seen a lot of arguments over this) but the wrapper provides the majority of the flavor.
I too have seen lots of different percentages and opinions on how much taste the wrapper contributes, spanning the entire gamut from 10% contribution to 90% contribution, so I have no real idea.

I will say i have smoked many other Connecticut cigars and enjoyed them as much as everything else, so dont really know if it was something with this particular Connecticut wrapper, if the blend is different with the different New Worlds, or what the deal was.

I certainly wasn't bad in any way, just didn't have a taste that really appealed to me

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Take the wrapper off the first third of a cigar and smoke it. You’ll notice when the change kicks in.
I've had plenty peel at al different spots, including the entire thing, and never personally noticed any difference, but I have a terrible palate.

Probably killed it smoking cigarettes for 30 years, lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alec & Bradley Kintsugi Toro

Extremely tasty and very smoth. Mild-medium strength

Almost perfect draw,burn and construction

Wrapper peeled starting at the head when first lit, and burn required 1 correction, so not a big deal. Both were easily fixed

I can definitely tell why I see these so often in various "daily smokes" threads. 168284

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, just by logic, there is far less wrapper volume than binder and filler volume, so it should have fairly minimal effect on taste.

Thats just the logical conclusion and may not be true for those with good palates or strength of wrapper leaf compared to binder and filler strength would make a bigger difference..

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Also, just by logic, there is far less wrapper volume than binder and filler volume, so it should have fairly minimal effect on taste.

Thats just the logical conclusion and may not be true for those with good palates or strength of wrapper leaf compared to binder and filler strength would make a bigger difference..

I friggin' LOVE cigars
I’m not sure I agree with this logic, if you’ve ever watched a campfire burn it’s not the center that produces the smoke, it’s the outer edge that’s just smoldering. It makes sense to me that a cigar or pipe burns much the same, the center is the hottest part which provides the least amount of flavor.
ive smoked quite a few shagg cigars where the first half inch or so is raw, no wrapper, and there is a remarkable difference in taste when you do hit the wrapper.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not sure I agree with this logic, if you’ve ever watched a campfire burn it’s not the center that produces the smoke, it’s the outer edge that’s just smoldering. It makes sense to me that a cigar or pipe burns much the same, the center is the hottest part which provides the least amount of flavor.
ive smoked quite a few shagg cigars where the first half inch or so is raw, no wrapper, and there is a remarkable difference in taste when you do hit the wrapper.
Very possible.
I honestly have no idea and everyone seems to have a different opinion on it, so who knows.
Was just taking a guess

I friggin' LOVE cigars