What's new

Top Quality Cigars.com Coupon Code???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
falconman, I tried sending you a PM, but somehow my phone won't right now.

It is possible that Mark is out of the country, as I know Sam (the owner of Casa de Montecristo) is right now. You might want to try calling Casa de Montecristo and see if they have any.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you think 13 dollars is bad for shipping, try living in Hawaii!!! :thumbsup: Hopefully you will be able to find some. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I can understand high shipping costs being an issue. I would say of you have an issue, then contact them about it. Maybe that will help bring the cost down, or even sway them to rethink their shipping method.

I passed this link on to them, just so they are aware of it.

I would also say, keep in mind they are a BOTL sponsor. And for what it is worth, they also hosted the BOTL Herf just this past Saturday...opening their private lounge to 70+ BOTL. I know that has nothing to do with shipping costs, but they really were impressed with our group.

I would hope that any issues, with any of BOTL's sponsors are handled with direct communication.

Just my opinion.
I would hazard to say that a couple of those 70+ (ie, every last one) spent some money in their lounge. That's not a put down, just some reality.

Also, no matter who they are, or what they've done in the past, $13 to ship 6 cigars within conus is a ripoff, and should be stated as such. I'm not one to dance around the truth about anybody or anything, and the truth is that $13 is just plain ridiculous.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I wish I knew that you wanted some. I made some purchases for some other people. I could of picked you up some. Yeah, $13 is a bit much but they can charge whatever they like. Its not like you can go anywhere else. They are great people though. They spent a lot of time with us.

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thanks guys for all the info and feedback ... I created a WTB thread for some UF4's and I got a couple different brothers able to hook up a few of em' so I think I'm good at the moment on these sticks.

They do seem like a great place and the guy I finally talked with seemed real nice but if anyone happens to know anyone who runs the place or works their personally they may need to evaluate their shipping charges and maybe open it up to something other than UPS ground cause its slow as snails and costs a lot. I'm sure we dont mine 13-15+ bucks on big box purchases etc. .... but to buy a 5er of smokes and pay $13 will I think deter tons of buyers and they may be actually 'losing' because of this.

Just my 2 cents ... but thanks again for the info and feedback .... I Love This Place!!!! :)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks guys for all the info and feedback ... I created a WTB thread for some UF4's and I got a couple different brothers able to hook up a few of em' so I think I'm good at the moment on these sticks.

They do seem like a great place and the guy I finally talked with seemed real nice but if anyone happens to know anyone who runs the place or works their personally they may need to evaluate their shipping charges and maybe open it up to something other than UPS ground cause its slow as snails and costs a lot. I'm sure we dont mine 13-15+ bucks on big box purchases etc. .... but to buy a 5er of smokes and pay $13 will I think deter tons of buyers and they may be actually 'losing' because of this.

Just my 2 cents ... but thanks again for the info and feedback .... I Love This Place!!!! :)
Exactly! If it were a box, it would still be quite high, but somewhat understandable. The sites I buy singles and fivers for the most part from offer free shipping, or charge just a couple of dollars. (Rarely do I pay shipping on fivers and singles.)

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Just a suggestion. If you order from a store that only ships UPS and you have an office or a place of business you can have it sent to, it will be about half the price. UPS charges much more for residential delivery (which is horse shit) Just my .02¢

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Just a suggestion. If you order from a store that only ships UPS and you have an office or a place of business you can have it sent to, it will be about half the price. UPS charges much more for residential delivery (which is horse shit) Just my .02¢
Good to know!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I was not aware of this ....

But when you go to a site like the one listed above and add a 5er to your cart there is no other option or anything to to say "it's going to a business" then it discounts the shipping?!?!?

I guess maybe if you called in your order there may be an option but ordering online you have to pay what the current shipping says or you can;t complete your order.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I prefer to use USPS as well but ended up ordering from TopQualityCigars anyways last Tuesday, I got a call Wed saying my order was shipping out that day, got a shipping confirmation early Thurs and as of today it still just says shipping label created and has not been dropped off or picked up by UPS yet so maybe in the next 2 weeks I might have what I ordered. So what some others have said I think the best bet is shopping elsewhere!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I prefer to use USPS as well but ended up ordering from TopQualityCigars anyways last Tuesday, I got a call Wed saying my order was shipping out that day, got a shipping confirmation early Thurs and as of today it still just says shipping label created and has not been dropped off or picked up by UPS yet so maybe in the next 2 weeks I might have what I ordered. So what some others have said I think the best bet is shopping elsewhere!
Have you tried calling them? I would suggest you do this before assuming/posting anything ill content about a BOTL sponsor. Just my 2 cents!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yes I have tried calling no answer...I wouldn't exactly call it ill if it is a true experience, even if they are a BOTL sponsor that and $1 won't get you a cup of coffee at starbucks and with inflation 2 cents will not either! I love how you cannot mention a botl sponsor on here if it isn't positive or all the old guys and donors come out of the wood-work bashing people to protect the beloved sponsor, yes I am new to this forum and I enjoy the wealth of information and yes I do call a store and figure things out before posting a negative review if they are a BOTL sponsor or not has absolutely no influence on experience of customer service. If the baby is ugly, damnit I will call the baby ugly!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Leave a message. Mark will call you back when he gets your message.

Top Quality seems to be a one man show, and Mark is that man. He's awesome to deal with, but yeah, rarely answers because he is that busy.

Give them the benefit of the doubt.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've had the opposite happen out of maybe a half dozen calls he has always answered even at 8PM

Last edited:

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes I have tried calling no answer...I wouldn't exactly call it ill if it is a true experience, even if they are a BOTL sponsor that and $1 won't get you a cup of coffee at starbucks and with inflation 2 cents will not either! I love how you cannot mention a botl sponsor on here if it isn't positive or all the old guys and donors come out of the wood-work bashing people to protect the beloved sponsor, yes I am new to this forum and I enjoy the wealth of information and yes I do call a store and figure things out before posting a negative review if they are a BOTL sponsor or not has absolutely no influence on experience of customer service. If the baby is ugly, damnit I will call the baby ugly!
I feel your pain.. maybe not quite as much since I didn't place a order.. but I'm rather disappointed I called literally 3 days at regular hourly intervals and submitted a contact us form I believe twice with no answer. Lol I don't think I've ever tried so hard to give someone my money and failed at it.. :banghead:

Before some wise ass gets the opportunity.. I was not calling about the Ratzilla :D

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well I talked to Mark at Top Quality sounded like he wanted to make things right the best he could and was apologetic about my customer experience and the status of my shipment, it appears the problem is with UPS as the website and their phone system still says they do not have custody of the shipment but I finally got in touch with a customer service rep who stated that they do have the package but did not have a date as to when it would be delivered said could be this Thursday or Friday but they do have it. Oh well another reason Top Quality Cigars should offer other shipping options!

Status
Not open for further replies.