What's new

Tough holidays

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Hopefully he will recover OK and not be too messed up from this.

I will definitely be praying for your Dad!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear of this. I grew up and my parents still live in a small town in Northern CA and I worry about them too. Fortunately I still have friends in the small town that can check up on them but I was thinking of installing cameras in their house not only for security but to check up on them...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Brother you will all be in my prayers and I pray for a speedy and proper recovery. Know that if you ever need someone to vent to you can shoot me a pm at any time day or night.

JM

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
My Dad lives in a small town in Northern California, and a few weeks ago he was the victim of a home invasion robbery.

A group of three guys beat an old man, and to steal a whopping $2700 worth of stuff.

He has had reconstructive surgery already, and will have to have more in the future, but he is not out if the woods. His independence may also be gone due to having trouble seeing.

It is all ridiculous, and sad, and has made for a surreal holiday.

Please keep him in your thoughts.
That is horrible! My thoughts and prayers to your dad and family. Its so sad that people are that way.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well I have headed back to Southern California. I will be heading back up if and when he testifies, and again for the next surgery.

I am relieved about some things (he is able to get around the house ok, cook, and clean for himself) and worried about others (his eyesight, and energy levels, inability to drive).

On the way to the airport, I swung by Tobacco Republic in Loomis. Grabbed a couple Fratello robustos, and a La Palina Classic Lancero. See, turned this back to cigars. ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sorry to hear these maggot spawn have changed your father's life and your family's life. Many prayers from my family on the east coast to yours on the west. May the full weight of justice bear down on these slime balls and the full peace and restoration of heaven fall on your family.