What's new

Tower Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking about getting a tower humidor because of capacity issues but I love the 2 Whynter humidors plus a few table top humidors I'm torn between buying another Whynter humidor because I absolutely have no humidity nor temp issues I have the Whynter CHC -251S and the Whynter CHC-122BD Elite Touch one for my loose sticks and one for my boxes and my reason for this thread is for the most part what I've heard about the tower humidor is trying to stabilize humidity and temp I'm lazy so I want as less work as possible any and all suggestions and advice would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
if you made drawers out of your trays you could increase storage a lot.
You need to decide now how many sticks you are wanting to keep, buy accordingly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you made drawers out of your trays you could increase storage a lot.
You need to decide now how many sticks you are wanting to keep, buy accordingly.
Yes I've ordered I've got 2 ordered and on the way so far

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Do you need a tower with a cooling option? If you live in a place where you don't need a cooling option, an affordable tower humidor seems like a decent idea. If you need a cooling option, it makes things a bit tougher.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a tower with a cooling option? If you live in a place where you don't need a cooling option, an affordable tower humidor seems like a decent idea. If you need a cooling option, it makes things a bit tougher.
Yes I'm in Georgia in the summer I keep my house around 72 and in the winter around 68

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yes I'm in Georgia in the summer I keep my house around 72 and in the winter around 68

I don't think you would need a cooling option if your house isn't getting over 75 in the summer. Might be worthwhile to look into an affordable basic cabinet, and scour craigslist if you don't mind secondhand stuff.

I'm in CA, I have to use winos (or eventually a cabinet with cooling option), because to keep my energy bill affordable my house is at 80* during the day and can sometimes get hotter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you would need a cooling option if your house isn't getting over 75 in the summer. Might be worthwhile to look into an affordable basic cabinet, and scour craigslist if you don't mind secondhand stuff.

I'm in CA, I have to use winos (or eventually a cabinet with cooling option), because to keep my energy bill affordable my house is at 80* during the day and can sometimes get hotter.
Yeah I totally understand that high bill because like today it's 91 degrees here in Atlanta

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My advice would be to buy another wineador. With you living in the south, summers are brutal. You look to have a very nice collection of sticks, and having the A/C go out on a long weekend while you're away from home could cause a beetle outbreak. Im in Texas, and use the same whynter wineador for the mentioned reasons.
They make some large double doored wine coolers that might fit your entire collection in. JMO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice would be to buy another wineador. With you living in the south, summers are brutal. You look to have a very nice collection of sticks, and having the A/C go out on a long weekend while you're away from home could cause a beetle outbreak. Im in Texas, and use the same whynter wineador for the mentioned reasons.
They make some large double doored wine coolers that might fit your entire collection in. JMO
Thanks Brother that's a great idea

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
THIS! ^^^ (y) Not to mention, Sam's Club has them on sale for crazy cheap right now:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/cigar-cooler-450-450-count-humidor/prod19730422.ip

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I have a tower humidor and I hate it. RH is never stable. Leaks like crazy. I had an active unit in it and it runs every 5 minutes. Shut it down a while ago and used only coolers now. I'm lucky I have a basement so temps rarely get above 70 down there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tower humidor and I hate it. RH is never stable. Leaks like crazy. I had an active unit in it and it runs every 5 minutes. Shut it down a while ago and used only coolers now. I'm lucky I have a basement so temps rarely get above 70 down there.
Yes my thoughts were along the same line my father had one years ago and it was a struggle when he passed I sold it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't got any advice to offer but I have to ask: What are the ones with wire wrapped around where the band should be?