What's new

Travel humi

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions on a decent one? Really I need two for two different purposes. First, I need something that I can carry about 4 to 5 cigars in to work. Thing is, I work on some very hot job sites, especially in the summer. They are usually in a ziplock, but they get toated in there so I'm wanting to change. I have to leave em in my truck so any suggestions on something I could keep them cooler in? Second, I need something to carry cigars over a two, three or four day period. I would say maybe 20-25 cigars max. Don't want anything overly expensive either. :crosseyed

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The above suggestions are perfect.

Cigarmony or Cigar Solutions is your place to buy one and Otterbox or Cigar Caddy is what you want.

Maintenance free for travel and totally indestructable.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I have a Zero Halliburton 30 count that is 15 years old and goes on every extended trip I take. The initial outlay is pricey but I think it is the best travel humi on the market. That being said, I also have Otter Box 5, 10 and 15 counts I utilize on shorter trips and they work great as well and are much less expensive than the Zero.
When I'm working out of my car I carry one of the Otter Boxes in a small Igloo cooler with a freezer pack (I live in AZ so it gets pretty hot in the car, to say the least) the sticks are always cool to the touch, even at the end of the day.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a Zero Halliburton 30 count that is 15 years old and goes on every extended trip I take. The initial outlay is pricey but I think it is the best travel humi on the market. That being said, I also have Otter Box 5, 10 and 15 counts I utilize on shorter trips and they work great as well and are much less expensive than the Zero.
When I'm working out of my car I carry one of the Otter Boxes in a small Igloo cooler with a freezer pack (I live in AZ so it gets pretty hot in the car, to say the least) the sticks are always cool to the touch, even at the end of the day.
Other than the Haliburton, this is me. I have a 5,15, and 20 cigar caddy. I always pack a small softside ice chest that holds up to the 20. It came with blue ice freezer bags. Just pop in the freezer bags and cigars are good all day.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I have a 5, 2 -10's (one Otterbox and one fancy cedar lined, aluminum covered Colibri), and a 30. These are so convinient and necessary.
I keep one in the truck for road smokes, the 5 for short business trips, and the 30 for extended travel like this week to Vegas!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sweet, just bought a 15 count travel humi from cigar solutions for my upcoming trip. I went with theirs because of the pressure relief valve to equalize the pressure after flying since I do a lot of it.

Now I need to sell a couple more things on ebay so I have some $$$ in ****** to buy a 5 count case and a couple other toys!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i have a couple of the otter boxes, although, i tend to use a montesino sungrown torpedo box and a rectangular credo. if it's too hot, i put the box into the ice chest. this is the system i use when i go to the river. once there, i set the box on my dresser, which is close proximity to an a/c! if there's a chance the box will turn over (like, on airplanes or such), i use the otterboxes.

jeff

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have 2 5 count otter boxes, i hardly travel anywhere where i need more than that.. but that might change when i go to vegas in june...