What's new

Travel humi

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have a 5-count otterbox, a 30-some count otterbox, and a Deluxe Travel Caddy I won in one of Ron's contests. The deluxe is by far my favorite, and the trays are top-notch. It's only $50, too. I really like how there are robusto and churchill trays, so you can hold more cigars if you want.

TYLER

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I got a 5 count otter box and love it. I'll throw a couple cigars and my cutter and lighter in it and take it to work with me. For herfing I want to get a larger OtterBox.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pelican 1060 in bright yellow that I humidorified by putting in foam inserts bought from Ron. I got yellow precisely because it's going to reflect a lot more heat than the typical black pelicans and otterboxes.

I also have one of those peltier-based coolers in my car that plug into the lighter. I put the traveldor in there, and keep it cranked on the coldest setting. That helps a little bit as well.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I do have a cedar lined leather case that holds 10 sticks or 9 with the humi-stick. But I don't consider that a Travel Humidor, merely a carrying case. My 84 quart igloo with wheels and collapsable handle is a REAL travel humidor. <G>

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a Zero Halliburton 30 count that is 15 years old and goes on every extended trip I take. The initial outlay is pricey but I think it is the best travel humi on the market. That being said, I also have Otter Box 5, 10 and 15 counts I utilize on shorter trips and they work great as well and are much less expensive than the Zero.
When I'm working out of my car I carry one of the Otter Boxes in a small Igloo cooler with a freezer pack (I live in AZ so it gets pretty hot in the car, to say the least) the sticks are always cool to the touch, even at the end of the day.

is that the one you had in appleton??? that was a nice case!!!