What's new

Trinidad Vigia - A musty vagina?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Last night I smoke my first Trinidad Vigia. I bought it after bingeing on trinidad reyes which were absolutely beautiful. I figured the vigia would be a similar blend only bigger and better. It was the most perfectly constructed stick I have seen. Perfect draw, perfect burn, perfect looks and perfectly smooth.

The flavor however tasted like you have taken the finest tobacco in the world, had the best roller roll it and then placed it in a shoe box filled with dirty socks and mushrooms and left it for 100 years at the bottom of a swamp. It was the most musty, dank, mushroom, rotten pond water tobacco I have ever tried. It tasted a lot like frog morton pipe tobacco. Never had a cuban that tasted like this.

Is that roughly their profile or did i have a bad one? Reviews seem to rave about them but a lot mention the earthy, mushroom, truffle and moss taste. How can anyone like this? So bad.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It is a earthy cigar but my experience with them has been nothing like you describe....certainly nothing like the Frog Morton flavor profile. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have had some Vigia that were just ok compared to the Reyes, and a few that were really good. Never had an experience like the one you describe, I wonder if there are other factors than the tobacco itself in play here.