What's new

Trip to Buffalo Trace Distillery

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Looked like an awesome trip!
I've been curious about the bourbon cream, guess I should check it out.. hell Buffalo Trace or Blanton's as well while I'm at it. Luckily here in Natty light country, my liquor store has a few bottles of good stuff that just sits on the shelves:playful:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looked like an awesome trip!
I've been curious about the bourbon cream, guess I should check it out.. hell Buffalo Trace or Blanton's as well while I'm at it. Luckily here in Natty light country, my liquor store has a few bottles of good stuff that just sits on the shelves:playful:
Buy it while you still can!!! Not trying to push you off slopes but some places it's a rarity especially if stock was plentiful at one point.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing. Did they have any special housing for the Pappy stock? Ive always wondered how those chose that.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing. Did they have any special housing for the Pappy stock? Ive always wondered how those chose that.
I never heard them mention anything about the bottling/aging process of Pappy throughout the whole tour, but I also was responsible for keeping everyone on task and taking pictures of the tour since I put the group together. There weren't many parts I didn't hear, but I could have missed that because I can't imagine them not talking about Pappy.

That being said, they did say that in the aging warehouse (picture with all the barrels), the top floor is where they age bourbon the fastest because it's naturally hotter up there (think Buffalo Trace bourbon). The bottom floor is where they slow age for a more finer taste (think Blanton's and I assume Pappy).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damn man that looks like a pretty sweet trip. I started trying bourbons this year and I have to say Buffalo trace is one of my favorites so far. Did you try the white dog? I love white whiskey and I will for sure be looking for a bottle of that. I was unaware of it till just now. Thanks a bomb for sharing your trip with us. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk