What's new

UF-4 vs UF-13

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ps: In regards to the comment from the one person claiming the JD4 had less punch than the UF4 - this is the result of aging as the blends are identical. If we were to ever release the UF-13s it would be the first LP blend that is intended to be smoked "fresh" - in under 12 months from their factory release, better imo if under 3 months... we wouldn't age these cigars like the other LPs, we would ship them right after they were wicked - 30 days from bench to mouth. I like 'em young!!!

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I don't think there's any other place on the net where you can get inside information like that "straight from the horse's mouth" so to speak. So cool!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I had 1 JD4 band and it was one of the best Ligas I've ever had and one of the best cigars i had last year! So I'd say they DO age well, Steve :). Of course I'd still smoke 'em fresh :)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
MISSING YOU GUYS, but I couldn't resist one thing ... Surprise MVP ... I got everybodys (BOTL) tel from the event except yours .... hit me up ASAP on my FB with your cel or have BRandon P or Slave2theAxe give mine to you ....

Thanks and God bless everyone in 2012.

JD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps: In regards to the comment from the one person claiming the JD4 had less punch than the UF4 - this is the result of aging as the blends are identical. If we were to ever release the UF-13s it would be the first LP blend that is intended to be smoked "fresh" - in under 12 months from their factory release, better imo if under 3 months... we wouldn't age these cigars like the other LPs, we would ship them right after they were wicked - 30 days from bench to mouth. I like 'em young!!!

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate
Steve, thanks for the in-depth background info on the UF-4 and UF-13 blends. Very helpful to have this information on hand. I echo TheJavaMan's sentiment - you just can't beat getting information like this straight from the creators. Peace to all!

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Now I am even more confused...
Please forgive my ignorance here, but my local B&M does not cary LP, therefore, I am just getting into the whole LP thing... I LOVE their cigars!

I have a couple of sticks that have a white paper band with a "JD LP #4" on them. I bought them a few years back and couldnt bring myself to smoke them. I bought a couple of 9's and a t52 (which has a brown logo rather than blue???) Long story short, is the LP JD #4 the same as the JD4 - thus MF4?

Should I smoke 'em or hold onto them a little longer? Once i smoke them, i have no way of gaining more.

Again, sorry for the ignorance on LP cigars, I am trying to learn.

Thanks,

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
JD mentioned on facebook a month or so ago that the UF-4 would be available at casa de montecristo in october. (at least i want to say October). I'm sure if you contact them they will have an idea.

I have had the uf-4 and let me say tha it was great, defiantly worth trying. As far as the UF-13 goes I have no clue. That one is still on the list.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
The drew estate event in october will mirror the one last year, uf-4s availible at the event only, I have been to Casa several times since without success, Im going tonight, maybe things will change...