What's new

UFC 100 Results

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
If Lesnar keeps training to improve his ground game particularly his submission defense, I think he will be champ for quite awhile. Like I said before though his problem may be staying out of trouble outside of the octagon. I`m sure there is more than one dumbass in this world willing to taunt Lesnar into kicking his ass for the 15 min of fame and some $$$. After last nights post fight antics I really don`t think Lesnars strengh lies in controlling his anger.
I think he will do ok on that front. As much as I am not a huge fan of WWE he was a huge star there and was a well known monster big guy then. As much as he may not control his anger he will be used to yahooo's after him. I figure more then as everyone thinks of wrestling as fake and that they could take them.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mir was definately in the best shape of his life....once Brock got on top of him Frank was done.

Following Mir's career from the beginning, he has never been the same since he broke his leg in that motorcycle accident several years ago....just my opinion.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I just saw Henderson's knockout of Bisping, I don't think he needs to worry about a broken jaw, he probably has a factured skull!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
With his wrestling (NCAA not WWE) backround his takedown skills are great. He has proven that he is also a very powerful striker. Now by defeating Mir who is one of the very best submission fighters around by taking Mir to the ground and basically smothering his guard and pounding him silly. I don`t see how he cannot be given some respect in the octagon. Did you see the GSP vs Alves fight? GSP gave up about 20lbs and was not nearly as strong as Alves but still won every round. Thats why I enjoy MMA, it`s not always about bigger and stronger it takes several skills to win consistantly.

If Lesnar keeps training to improve his ground game particularly his submission defense, I think he will be champ for quite awhile. Like I said before though his problem may be staying out of trouble outside of the octagon. I`m sure there is more than one dumbass in this world willing to taunt Lesnar into kicking his ass for the 15 min of fame and some $$$. After last nights post fight antics I really don`t think Lesnars strengh lies in controlling his anger.
I think the best submission fighter in the HW division is Big Nog and would love to see him fight Lesnar. Lesnar is learning at an extremely rapid pace and the Pat Militech camp was left in awe of the man when he trained there. Infact Pat said the only thing that could hold him back from becoming champion is his own focus.

Too much has been made of Lesnar being a WWE superstar and being too green and unschooled in the art of mma. I think he proved without a doubt that he can hang with the best the division has to offer and its time people stop trashing him and start giving him the respect he deserves. The man does nothing but train 365 days a year and it scary how huge he is and the speed/atheleticism he possesses. It was shameful how he got booed not only while entering the octagon but also while he was laying on Mir pounding his face in. GSP layed on Alves and no one seemed to boo him yet Brock because he's big or because he's a WWE star gets a lot of slack from MMA fans time to stop calling him a poser or a wanna be and start appreciating his talent and hard work.