What's new

University of Texas vs. Alabama

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I think this is going to be a better game than anyone thinks.

I am going for Texas.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you;
Hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in crimson flame!
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!
Go, roll to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Gameday is finally here

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMY85QENd5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMY85QENd5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Hook'em Horns

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Alabama gets lucky!!! Yeah I know sour grapes.

Our Freshman QB Garret Gilbert was baptized by fire. The kid still did a great job by throwing two touchdown passes to Shipley to trim the deficit to 24-21 with less than 10 minutes on the clock. So close yet...

If Colt would not gotten hurt, I think it is obvious, it would have been a much different outcome. We almost beat Alabama with a Freshman.

It was still great being there.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
There is no way anyone could know what the outcome of this game would have been. Colt gets knocked out of the game. There goes the entire offensive game plan of Texas. But, that also disrupts Alabama's defensive game plan. I'm sure the #1 objective for Bama was to contain Colt McCoy. Well, all of a sudden, you have a new quarterback that you've never seen before. Who knows what he is able to do? The only thing Bama can do is pin their ears back and go for it. For all we know, Gilbert made the game closer than it would have been. I'm by no means a Bama fan. I hate them. But, you can't put an * by this victory because Colt McCoy got hurt. It effected both teams. Also, it is a TEAM sport.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I can't read the whole thread but .................WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT BS SHOVEL PASS ATTEMPT? SEALED IT UP

we can look forward to having that Freshman as a Qb he did pretty damn good, considering the pressure of being down by 18 in a campion ship game

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
There is no way anyone could know what the outcome of this game would have been. Colt gets knocked out of the game. There goes the entire offensive game plan of Texas. But, that also disrupts Alabama's defensive game plan. I'm sure the #1 objective for Bama was to contain Colt McCoy. Well, all of a sudden, you have a new quarterback that you've never seen before. Who knows what he is able to do? The only thing Bama can do is pin their ears back and go for it. For all we know, Gilbert made the game closer than it would have been. I'm by no means a Bama fan. I hate them. But, you can't put an * by this victory because Colt McCoy got hurt. It effected both teams. Also, it is a TEAM sport.
I understand your point, but I beg to differ...

Colt McCoy has put up some of the best stats in NCAA history.

McCoys Stats

Gilberts Stats

Gilbert looked like a high school kid out there. He only completed 37.5% of his passes against Alabama. He only averaged 45.9% per game in 2009 vs. Colts 70.6%. Although Colt only made two pass attemps against Alabama he completed both of them.

Colt McCoy Records:

- UT - Most Total Touchdowns, Career: 82+ (Took lead on October 18, 2008 versus Missouri)
- UT - Most Touchdown Passes, Career: 62+ (Took lead on September 20, 2008 versus Rice)
- UT - Most Touchdown Passes, Single Season: 29, (2006 season),[5] beaten by McCoy in 2008
- UT - Most Touchdown Passes, Single Season: 31+, (2008 season - reached 31 on November 15, 2008 vs. the Kansas Jayhawks)
- UT - Most Touchdown Passes, Game: 6, (October 14, 2006 versus Baylor)
- UT - Most Passing Completions, Game: 32, (September 15, 2007 versus UCF)
- UT - Most Consecutive Passing Completions, Game: 18 (October 25, 2008 versus Oklahoma State (surpassed his own record of 17 on October 18, 2008 versus Missouri).
- UT - Most Career wins as a quarterback: 30+ (November 27, 2008 vs. Texas A&M, surpassed Vince Young)
- UT - Most Career passing yards, Season: 3,594+ yards (November 27, 2008 vs. Texas A&M, surpassed Major Applewhite)
- UT - Tie - Most Passing Attempts, Game: 47, (September 15, 2007 versus UCF)
- NCAA - tied the freshman record of 29 touchdown passes established by Nevada's David Neill in 1998 - This record has since been broken by Oklahoma's Sam Bradford in the 2007 season

Colt McCoy Awards:

Named the quarterback to the College Football News 2006 "All Freshman Team"
Named 2006 &#8220;National Freshman of the Year&#8221; by The Sporting News and the Touchdown Club of Columbus
Named Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year by the Associated Press.
Named the 2008 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press
Named the 2008 Big 12 2nd Team Quarterback by the Associated Press
Named the 2008 Walter Camp Award by the Walter Camp Foundation
Named the 2008 All America 1st Team Quarterback by the Walter Camp Foundation,[110] FWAA, and Sports Illustrated
Named the 2008 Heisman Memorial Trophy Runner-up

Last edited: