What's new

University of Texas vs. Alabama

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Don't get me wrong. Colt has had a wonderful college career. There's no denying it. I was just saying there is no way to tell what might have been. That hit he took may have just been a stinger causing just a little numbness. If he keeps playing, he may attempt to scramble a little more. If he's lost a little feeling in his arm, he may fumble the ball a couple of times getting tackled. I still think Gilbert did a good job considering the circumstances.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Im a PSU fan, so I have no dog in this fight, but Ive heard this argument all day that Bama only won because Colt went down....it seems to be quite a ridiculous argument. Colts career has been nothing short of amazing, but football is a team sport not a one man show, there is no telling what could have been.
Very true... but if you watch the first couple minutes of the game Texas looked incredible. Once McCoy got knocked out they fell apart and Bama took advantage. It was still a close game for a second so I think if McCoy stayed in Texas would have won for sure.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Well anyway, props to Alabama for getting in there and taking Colt out. They did their job. A "w" is a "w" and Alabama has another National Championship under their belt.

I sure would have liked to have seen what would have happened though

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't know that either. That's good to know. Now when the Bama fans at work try to gloat, I can say it's about time.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That was some drama, with the freshman Gilbert having to step in so early. I saw him play his final HS game when they won their division state championship for the second year in a row.

We're going to love watching him develop over the next three years, hopefully take Texas back to a title game and be a Heisman candidate himself.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
That was some drama, with the freshman Gilbert having to step in so early. I saw him play his final HS game when they won their division state championship for the second year in a row.

We're going to love watching him develop over the next three years, hopefully take Texas back to a title game and be a Heisman candidate himself.
I hope so, but comparing Gilbert's Freshman stats to McCoy's Freshman stats, it is not looking that good. He will need to make a lot of improvements.