What's new

Update on Humidor

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Will the Cigar Oasis Magna work with the design and venting of the JC cabinet?
You've got 53 cubic feet to humidify, which is on the high end for the Magna (60 max). So if it was my cabinet, I would be running 2 Magnas. A little pricey, I know...but why just kill it when you can OVER-kill it? (y) ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little pricey is right that would come out more then I scored the humi for. I guess I will need to do some more research. See what some options might be. Thanks for the suggestion I will keep it in mind on my quest for humidification.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
A little pricey is right that would come out more then I scored the humi for. I guess I will need to do some more research. See what some options might be. Thanks for the suggestion I will keep it in mind on my quest for humidification.
In my (unsolicited) opinion, you're going to have *thousands* of sticks in that beast. :eek: At an average of $7 per cigar X 3000, you'll eventually have $21,000 invested! :jawdrop: So spending roughly $400 on those Magnas and their humidity beads would be relatively cheap peace of mind.

http://www.amazon.com/Cigar-Oasis-Magna-Electronic-Humidifier/dp/B00I19NYB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434464704&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar+oasis+magna
http://www.amazon.com/Cigar-Oasis-Magna-Refill-Water/dp/B00QSMJCY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434464704&sr=8-2&keywords=cigar+oasis+magna

That said, there are a ton of BOTLs who know a lot more about humidification than me. I would post your own separate thread in the Storage forum, or shoot a message to @Buggie and ask him for that Jim guy's e-mail (the one who built the cabinet).

Good luck! (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solid advice. I am fairly new to this maybe 2 years in but have quickly out grown various humidors. So hopefully this will hold me for along while next step would be a walk in humi which seems crazy, but when I first grew interest in this world filling my current wineador seemed crazy, and here I am on getting a cabinet humi going. Wouldn't change it for the world.:cigar:(y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the CA series for about 15yrs and I am in the process of refinishing the exterior (sand, stain, hardware change, glass replacement etc) it to bring it back to life and into use after a decade hiatus. I am trying to locate the correct wet wick filters. Does anyone know the exact specs?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted before when I first got this giant (24d x 48w x 80h), I had all kinds of questions and got some great answers from everyone. The humidor was made by JC Pendergast out of Racine WI. The company closed in the late 90's. I searched and searched and finally found the owner of the company, he name is Jim Pendergast he still lives in Racine, WI. I have talked with him many times about the humidor, he told me everything I needed to know about this humidor. It still had the original 2 gallon humidifier and still worked perfectly, so I kept it. The unit holds over 5000 sticks (I only have roughly 1100 in it). Jim said, "the unit's airflow is engineered to mimic a 5 story HVAC system, with a main supply plenum, the vertical stack on the right, to provide humidified airflow, and a main return plenum, the vertical stack on the left, to return the air to the system to be reconditioned, or in this case, re-humidified. It produces a right to left airflow as viewed from the front, and passes through the system controller, the humidistat. The air is drawn into the humidifier and picks up humidity by passing through the wet wick filter, which stands in a water tray, and wicks the water from the water tray. Once the case has reached full saturation, you could unplug it, open the doors, fan them for a few minutes, close the doors and the case & contents will be back at 70% in a few minutes; the case interior wood and cigars don't take on humidity very quickly, and don't release it very quickly either. There is no need to pre-treat the Spanish Cedar interior by wiping, etc., and no other beads, chemicals, fans or anything is required to keep your cigars happy. Run the humidifier on its lowest speed." After him telling me this I was kind of worried that things would not go that smooth, low and behold it did. I have no fans, litter, beads or any other type of media and this unit will hold 70/70 all day long. When I first turned it on it ran for a day or so and used about a gallon of water since then it may come on once every other day for maybe 10 minutes or so. I have have it setup for a few weeks and have put 3 gallons of water in, right now the tank is about 3/4 full, so I have only used about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 gallons of water. I can literally unlock the top cabinet doors, open both doors and stand there and enjoy the smell and sight for a minute or two then pick by stick, shut and lock the door and the humidifier will not kick on. Usually I have to keep the door open 5 minutes or more for it to kick on, but within a few minutes after shutting the doors the RH is back to 70%. If you should ever have the chance to get an JC Pendergast humidor GET IT. I traveled about 4 hours to get this one and paid $450.00, best investment I have ever made. Jim said they retailed from $3000 to $5000. If you own a JC Pendergast humidor and would love to know more about them please PM me and I'll give you Jim's email. He is great and will help you any way he can.
Hey Buggie, I just was given and Pendergast humidor cabinet and I'm having issues with the humidity generator. if you could PM me Jim's email or just email it to me. I'm new to the site. mikepizz@aol.com. Thanks in advance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JC Pendergast humidor I inherited from my father but he removed the water tank. Where can I find a good replacement? I hope this thread is still active ish...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is there a humidifier in the humidor already and you are just looking for a part or do you need to replace? If you have a full sized cabinet humidor and you need new you might search for Cigar Oasis. They seem to be pretty popular.