What's new

Update On My Recovery...Ciggy.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I will try to make this short as possible and hopefully give everyone an idea on a time frame for me to get back into the swing of things. As you all know I had a Hip replacement revision done on April 9th. Less than a week I was back in ER with a Hematoma. Blood was everywhere but they got it drained and sent me home that evening. My surgeon told us that because of my condition (Muscle Disease) I was susceptible but he didn't feel it would happen again. Well three days after that I started bleeding again and sure enough another Hematoma happened and this one put me in ER overnight into surgery the next day. This was by far more painful than the hip surgery itself and I lost alot of blood to a point where it came close to a transfusion. There was also an incident that really messed me up where a mixture of dehydration and a bad mixture of pain meds caused a cocktail of trouble and to say the least had us all worried. I've never been that scared and felt so helpless. After getting a handle on it and correcting the situation I felt much better. Four days later I went back home. So I spent alot of time in the hospital within two weeks. My wife was able to get me a hospital bed for our home which helped out alot as I was pretty much bed-ridden for a another week. Once I was able to really stabilize myself I used a walker or crutches to start walking. However because of my blood loss I was dizzy and felt weak and fuzzy headed.
So this week I finely started physical therapy and was able to get around good for the first time but the eye issues and fuzzy head have still been a problem. This is the main reason I haven't wanted to get on my computer or even text as it's hard to focus and makes it worse. It's even taking me alot to type this but I think it's getting better and they said it could take 4-6 weeks for my blood level to become normal again. Everyday has been a little better and as long as there is no more setbacks I should be my old self again soon.
I know I won the lotto last month and a few of you have sent me some get-well packages....Please, please know I am truly grateful and I will respond personally and leave trader ratings when I get a little better and time on my computer doesn't bother me. I am so sorry this has been a longer ride than expected but rest assured I will do my part asap to respond.
Again thank you everyone for your support, prayers, and generosity during my surgery and recovery...It has meant alot to me and my family more than you know.
Tom

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Thank you for the update, very good to hear that you are on the road to recovery and seems like you are in the clear.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Good to hear your back on the road to recovery and everyone can wait till your back where you need to be. We're all hear just wait. Prayers are still with you brother.

Cheers,
JM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It's good to hear from you Tommy. I'm glad to hear that things should be brightening up soon..

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Still praying for you Tom!!

It's great to hear that things are finally on the upswing. Keep taking things one day at a time and before you know if you'll be back to your old self.