What's new

Upgraded to a new Wine Coolerdor

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Some of you may recall that a few months ago, I bought a "mini" wine cooler (12-bottle) and converted it to a coolerdor. Here's the original thread:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=9862

I said in that thread, "it's got enough room to store about 10 boxes of cigars, which is plenty for me." Boy was I wrong! I outgrew that sucker in 3 months. :grin:

So here's my new one, a 28 bottle VINOTEMP Thermoelectric unit:

Oh, and here's a side-by-side comparison of the old unit next to the new one:

It's got 15 boxes in there now (most only half full) with room for several more. It also has a built-in adjustable temp gauge that turns the unit on and off, so theoritically I don't need my external beer/honey temp switch...but in practice, the built-in gauge isn't accurate enough, usually off by 5 to 10 degrees. So I'm going to continue using my existing external temp switch.

Just had to share, 'cause I'm pretty excited about the extra storage capacity! :blob:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
sweet looking setup! what did it run you if you mind my asking??
It was $199 at Target. Not too shabby...and if you don't mind that the temp gauge isn't totally accurate, you could get away with not having an external temp switch, so it'd be a cheaper-than-average setup.

BTW, the only reason I bought it was because I got a bonus at work and my wife said, "why don't you splurge and buy a box of cigars?"

I replied with, "I'm out of room, I can't buy any more cigars!"

It just made sense to buy a bigger storage unit. :smokingbo

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Who thinks Sheep hold a contest to give away his old cooler? :grinFU:

Oh btw where is the herfdog located in there? :cool:
The Herfdogs are in the RyJ box in the middle right. At least, that's where they are FOR NOW. :grin:

Oh and sorry, I already gave away my old cooler...my father-in-law is getting it.

Besides, shipping would cost more than the thing is worth brand-new!

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
The Herfdogs are in the RyJ box in the middle right. At least, that's where they are FOR NOW. :grin:

Oh and sorry, I already gave away my old cooler...my father-in-law is getting it.

Besides, shipping would cost more than the thing is worth brand-new!
I never said the winner would pay for shipping!

Who thinks father-in-law should hold a contest... oh never mind...:disappoin

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Oh yeah, and I should mention that it's got a half-pound of Heartfelt beads in there that I transferred over from the old unit. I'm going to buy some more for my father-in-law, and toss in another half-pound in mine, since it's a bigger unit than before.

I also need an oust fan. Gotta add that to the shopping list.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I looked for it at target and couldn't find it, I found a 24 bottle but doesn't look anything like yours I'm pissed I want one...